kimgriffin

Angelina Jolie Flying BirdMan!!!

Holy shit, you have to check out the trailer for Tomb Raider II:

http://www.tombraidermovie.com/index.shtml

I'm all choked up - it's so f-ing cool to see wingsuit flying on what will be the big screen!

It's obviously not Angelina and the guy with her flying the suits, but Swedish flyers/BASE jumpers Martin Rosen and Per Flare.

Yeah.... that made my day!!!

~Kim
-Kimberly Griffin

Nice! Sweet shot of em in the trailer!! Thanks for the pics too! Those colors are Scary Perry's colors but reversed (black wings, yellow body) ... very very cool, I'm happy too!! Congrats Jari B|

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

Okay I am one of those types who likes to find errors in films.. i was watching the trailer and slowed it down, right when the 2 jump off the ledge.. it appears they are NOT wearing wingsuits. there is no way they could get their arms up as high as they did (and there is no wing there) then it shows them flying... hummm

I saw that too!! I saw them running with them on (legs not zipped? didn't look like a waddle) and next thing I saw was them jumping without! I was thinking, WTF? Then I saw them flying and felt much better ... so it wasn't done that well, but who cares, they're using it!!B|

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

it appears they are NOT wearing wingsuits. there is no way they could get their arms up as high as they did (and there is no wing there) then it shows them flying... hummm

Lemme see if I have the situation correct --

You think the skydiving looks fake?

Uh, did ya get a look at Angelina Jolie in the first place? Everything about her looks fake!

Not that I'm complaining mind you, 'cause, like, ya know, there's a certain amount of poetic license I'm willing to put up with. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

it appears they are NOT wearing wingsuits. there is no way they could get their arms up as high as they did (and there is no wing there) then it shows them flying... hummm

Lemme see if I have the situation correct --

You think the skydiving looks fake?

Uh, did ya get a look at Angelina Jolie in the first place? Everything about her looks fake!

Not that I'm complaining mind you, 'cause, like, ya know, there's a certain amount of poetic license I'm willing to put up with. ;)

No i'm talking about the stunt jumpers.. the way they did the filming.. :) i know jolie isn't jumping

Yes, it's weird. Not only are the guys who did the jump experienced BASErs and wingsuiters, they are experienced wingsuit BASErs. It looks from the backdrop that they did the jumps; I guess a running exit in a suit either wasn't easy or didn't look good.

OK, so it goes like this...

RUNNING with the wingsuit.
Exiting without the wingsuit from a few hundred feet.
Flying the wingsuit at a few thousand feet.
Canopy.
Leg straps make it outside the suit.

Nonetheless, that was some seriously proper flight by Martin and Per Fler, both in the BASE jump and wingsuit flights.

What's funny is that people will probably see this movie, see the wingsuit scene, and be like, "Yeah, right... that's bullshit." When they eventually find out that this exists, their minds will be boggled. BOGGLED!
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

RUNNING with the wingsuit.
Exiting without the wingsuit from a few hundred feet.
Flying the wingsuit at a few thousand feet.
Canopy.
Leg straps make it outside the suit.

In the clip that Craig posted, it looks like she isn't even wearing the suit when she lands.

I just noticed that Per has just registered a username here at DZ.com.

Maybe he can tell us more about the jumps, so we can all envy him. Rumor has it they made something like 80 jumps in the week of filming.

Oo i wonder if he got some good shots with angelina.. that would be so cool

Copied from a Tomb Raider forum:

(about the trailer)
"...and then is showed her and some dude high-diving off of a huge building lookin thing. after they dove off of it they opened their arms and some wind lookin thing came out of them and they sored down to the ground."

Copied from a Tomb Raider forum:

(about the trailer)
"...and then is showed her and some dude high-diving off of a huge building lookin thing. after they dove off of it they opened their arms and some wind lookin thing came out of them and they sored down to the ground."

*lol* yeah it's amazing what they can do with computers these days, right?? because there is no way those wind things can just appear like that