fieroX

Crazy idea of mine for a birdman related stunt

Ok, say you are at the Bonneville salt flats, you build a custom made sled, with wheels and tires capable of 120+mph speeds on salt/sand and large enough to stabilize someone standing on it. You put your Birdman suit and rig on, and stand on the sled. Now, you hook a 2000 (or longer if you desire) foot ski rope to your mid section, with some sort of quick release, and then hook it to the back of a car. This car slowly accelerates to whatever speed it finds necessary for you to fly. Now you fly up in the air and over the car, and cut away. Glide for a few moments and open your canopy. Is the birdman suit capable of creating enough lift for a stunt like this to be possible? Just another of my crazy ideas.

I had a HORRIBLE dream once that we kited a local jumper in very much the same way.

It worked, for a few seconds, before he then plunged to his death and I'm guessing that's about how it would work in real life as well.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That reminds me of a day at the dz when the winds were a constant 35 with gusts to 50mph. Some guys put one of the smallest jumpers at the dz into a birdman classic and took him outside to see if he could stand up in the wind. He jumped straight up and the wind actually pushed him backwards. You should have seen the look on the dzo's face when we asked him "Got any rope?":ph34r:

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I think the snatch force generated just to get the person airborne and not drag them when the rope went taught would probably injure the person. This definately falls into the "bad idea" catagory;)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yeah, I got my GTI from SM1 himselfB| Kevin922 and I have been flocking the skies at Orange. I may be able to make it down to Raeford in the near future. No guarentees with the game getting ready to kick off though.

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING