kimgriffin

BirdMan Flat-Spin Recovery

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this or not, but I just started jumping the birdman suit this past weekend and had an interesting situation. I have 200 jumps and went through one on one instruction on how to fly (using a Classic).

In spite of excellent instruction, I still managed to tumble on exit for a good ten seconds on my first jump. Closing my wings and balling up definitely helped, and a few seconds later, I was flying just fine. My subsequent three jumps went fine (even the exits), aside from a bad deployment because of my leg wing not being completely closed (it hurt!).

To change gears for a moment... my experience has led me to decide to stay with the Classic for awhile instead of going for the SkyFlyer ASAP. Birdman isn't that difficult to fly. But, until I have my exits and deployments down pat (along with barrel rolls and all sorts of other stuff), I think I'll continue to have a blast with the beginner suit. Just my humble thoughts.