leroydb

birdman landed

well unfortunetly if you read the fatality page you will see several no pulls every year

Isnt found out that most no pulls tend to be suicides. They found out he/she is depressed, going through alot of troubles in their lives, and coincidently their cypres are turned off.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

hey chucky... coming bck mid to late oct... Wana jump my new canopy wHen I get back...
ps is there a base forum here? Looking at buying all new gear... :)

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Isnt found out that most no pulls tend to be suicides

If you read the (now outdated) list of Cypres saves at http://www.pia.com/SSK/cypres/saves02b.htm, you'll see a very large number of "no pulls" are brain-locks. Most? I doubt it, but we don't have fatalities info for the same years that we have cypres info.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

If the speed down didn't kill him, there is allot of forward speed that probably would.

I suppose if you landed in a good size lake, and were able to get your fall rate around 30mph or lower at impact, you would just skid across the water like a skiier? But the important thing is getting fall rate down...it would be survivable I would think...dumb but survivable

I suppose if you landed in a good size lake, and were able to get your fall rate around 30mph or lower at impact, you would just skid across the water like a skiier? But the important thing is getting fall rate down...it would be survivable I would think...dumb but survivable

It'd be about as survivable as being thrown out of a car face first from 30 feet at 100+ MPH... which is not very. A broken neck would just be one of the very likely injuries.
If it's ever going to happen, I'd imagine that it would be attempted on a powdery slope, where we've already seen landings (albeit on skis or a snowboard, head up) with pretty high forward speed and fall rate, and it won't be with anything that's on the market now. Though what's coming up pretty soon might have some people thinking (though not trying) about landing one day.
Why is it important to try and land one? Shouldn't the goal be to attain human body flight? It might display what can be done, but why put on wings to be concerned with the ground? May as well throw a Pepsi at a window. What does that mean? I have no idea.
MB]
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

May as well throw a Pepsi at a window. What does that mean? I have no idea.

uh me neither, but I like the way you think

Why is it important to try and land one? Shouldn't the goal be to attain human body flight

Why else did you(we) start skydiving?

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

This from an article on Patrick de Gayardon by Adrian Nicholas :

People kept asking when he would try to land the wings and he would laugh. What he was actually trying to do was to take off. He was working with Katarina on a suit which he could use to slide down a mountain and then take off. He already had a prototype.

The more I find out about him the more I am convinced that he was the greatest skydiver (possibly ever). I envy those that knew him and jumped with him.

Will