NPSkyFlyers

North Pole 2003 WinSuit and extreme skydiving festival

Dear all,
following my wingsuit jump over the North Pole in April 2002 (first wingsuit jump over the north pole and around the world) I am trying to get as many skyflyers as possible to the North Pole on April 2003, in the frame of the WingSuit and Extreme Skydiving festival.
If you are interested to fly over one of the greatest landscape existing contact me! And get ready to stay .... cool! ;)
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Very interesting.

What are the practicalities of jumping a wingsuit over the North Pole? Do you have an extra large wingsuit to get the warm clothing underneath or do you have thinner but more effective insulation?

The link to your website from your profile has a ";" instead of an "l" in it

When do you expect to put the photos up of the wingsuit jump itself on the page. I can't wait to see them!

I used my wingsuit without having it extended. Underneath it, instead of using a polar suit, I used: thermal underwear, a fleece skydiving suit I had from PF, a fleece jumper, a ski anorak (thin), mountaineering gloves with undergloves, big socks and simple mountaineering shoes. To protect the head and face a balaklava and ski goggles.
Surprisingly, and I think the adrenaline rush helped a lot, I wasn't very cold, took me one hour on the ice (drinking champagne and taking pics) to start feel the cold.
Thanks for notocing the limk error, will correct it asap, and the NP pictures should soon be there!
Blue Sky
And remember: only SkyFlyers REALLy know why birds sing!