sjonak

ProTracks

I've got about a dozen Bird jumps and my ProTrack keeps shutting down. It tells me I deploy between 9000 and 10,000 feet--which is obviously wrong since I throw out at four thousand. I've taken to using a stopwatch to time my freefalls--which have been around 110 seconds from 13,000. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix for it or do I have an old ProTrack with an out-of-date operating system?

You may have an older version of a ProTrack which can be fooled by wingsuits. Having said that, even the latest versions of ProTracks can be fooled in the default Dive Type mode. You need to set it to SLO mode so that the parameters which define being under a canopy are lower.
The online manual seems to be a bit out of date and I don't have a later one to hand, but the process is the same.
Switch on the ProTrack.
Press the Mode button until you reach SET window
Press the Set button
The first Set Selector should be Dive Type.
Press the Mode button until it says SLO (number 10)
Press the Set button until you reach OUT and the press the Mode button or you can just let the unit switch itself off.
If you don't had a SLO mode then, like vesa said, contact Larsen & Brusgaard and see what they can do for you.

You may have an older version of a ProTrack which can be fooled by wingsuits. Having said that, even the latest versions of ProTracks can be fooled in the default Dive Type mode. You need to set it to SLO mode so that the parameters which define being under a canopy are lower.

Craig,

I have a funny though. Sometimes, when I do a speed dive I slow down up to 40ish mph (41 mph
is the slowest captured by my ProTrack). Can that fool ProTrack and make it shutdown or skip the
second alarm ? What if I do speed dives with SLO mode ?

Stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum