Hooknswoop

New Suit Advice

So I am thinking of getting a wing suit.
How many companies make them?
Which is the leading company?
Why?
Who has the best quality, customer service, suit?
Any recommendations for type of suit, options? (I would just go ahead and get the really fast one, kinda in my nature)
Anything new in suit design on the horizon?
Anything I would need to have special for wing suit flying?
How the heck to set up a protrack for wing suit flying?
Any mods to do to a suit right away? (like shoe-goo on booties, that sort of thing)
Thanks
Hook

According to the romurs I saw today after looking around it sees the licence to make the suit was retained by the designer and he is looking for a new maker. I'd still go with a Bird-man after researching it.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

I'm far from being an expert on wingsuit flying with my astonishing 9 wingsuit-jumps but here goes:
>How many companies make them?
At the moment, I think the only company manufacturing winsuits is Bird-Man (www.bird.man.com). Parasport did make the Crossbow, but I think they had some trouble with licensing or something. The guy who designed the Crossbow is currently looking for a new manufacturer (or so I heard).
>Which is the leading company?
>Why?
>Who has the best quality, customer service, suit?
Most of the reviews I've seen seem to favor BirdMan products. There are three different models of the BirdMan-suit, for different skill-levels. I don't think there ever was more than one model of the Crossbow.
BirdMan is constantly improving their designs on the suits. Even the novice-level suit(Classic II) from BirdMan has come a long way from the earliest models.
>Any recommendations for type of suit, options? (I would just go ahead and get
>the really fast one, kinda in my nature)
I'd try jumping a wingsuit with a borrowed Classic II, maybe for around 10 jumps, or until you feel you're completely comfortable with the suit. Then I'd order the Gti-model. Don't buy the Skyflyer just yet, you need to learn the basics of wingsuit-flight with a more docile model first (You don't order your first canopy in the sub 100sqft range now do you?). The Skyflyer is for experienced wingsuit-flyers only.
>Anything I would need to have special for wing suit flying?
Cutting open the lower corners of your main container helps your main deploy cleanly. As the bag tends to leave the container more backwards than straight up, the bag tends to flip to one side, causing line twists.
>How the heck to set up a protrack for wing suit flying?
Jump-type : SLO
Have fun with your wings!

Do not buy a Bird-Man suit. I am proof positive that it causes excessive smiling which leads to wrinkles. I had to give up my super modelling career because of that darn suit. The Bird-Man suit is the one you want. Superior construction, good customer service, they are local, and they are at many events throughout the year. Plus, there are certified B-M Instructors at many major DZ's.