SCR10480

Dealing with "Dealers"?

Okay everyone, I need to make it clear that the order form I used WAS NOT Performance Designs. I used the canopy coloring program for a Sabre2 found on another dealer's website. I do not wish to have anyone mistake the fact that the form I used, although it said "SABRE2" on it, it wasn't from PD.

Did the form that you turned in have a diagram on it, or was it just a list like:

1. Blackberry
2. Lime
3. Blackberry
etc...

If there was a diagram on the form that you submitted that showed how the cells were numbered, then I think the dealer should have figured it out. If there wasn't, then I think you screwed up and need to deal with it.

PEC was faxed an order form by the dealer that the canopy was ordered directly from. The order had each panel numbered exactly as the panels are numbered on the PD order form. When we saw the color pattern we called the dealer and told the dealer that the pattern was so unusual that we would not except the order with out a deposit. The deposit was sent and we processed the order for our dealer. In conversations with that dealer regarding this problem we are told that the customer has admitted that he made a mistake in ordering the canopy. We have had discussions with PD regarding this problem and PD has reviewed the order form sent to PEC and the the order form sent to PD by PEC. PD agrees that PEC did nothing wrong and that the customer got what he ordered.

I'm confused... PEC is a dealer but they dealt with another dealer?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'm confused... PEC is a dealer but they dealt with another dealer?

You're confused? You should be in my shoes!

Right, PEC dealt with a "Sub Dealer" and when I asked why a simple phone call to me wasn't made to confirm everything, I was told "Our policy is to NOT call the customers of our sub dealers"...

One phone call could have prevented this whole mess...Oh, by the way

PD ROCKS!!!!!

There was a diagram, but it was not numbered. One simply clicked colors onto the drawing, and when that process was complete the "continue" button was clicked bringing up a new page where all the spaces slots and gaps had already been filled in...

I am "dealing" with it. Thank you very much.

Call Ralph!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a good solution for getting screwed all over again....i have not dealt with PEC before, but i have dealt with ralph and got the shaft....

That is EXACTLY why I went to PEC in the first place! I was trying to avoid "getting the shaft" again.

Right, PEC dealt with a "Sub Dealer" and when I asked why a simple phone call to me wasn't made to confirm everything, I was told "Our policy is to NOT call the customers of our sub dealers"...

Why is it PEC's fault? Shouldn't this fall on the dealer you actually ordered the canopy from? PEC called the person you did business with, and that person vouched for your canopy/color choices. Maybe it's me, but I just don't see why you're naming and blaming PEC and not the sub-dealer.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Sounds like a good policy to me. PEC is acting as a wholesaler in this instance selling to your dealer. Many dealers fear that a wholesaler will take their customers direct if they have the chance and cut the dealer out of it. Many will.
From the information you have given, I do not see why you are blaming PEC! Sounds like the mistake was made between you and your dealer who probably made next to nothing on the sale.
Hope it works out for you
Josh
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

who did you order the canopy through PEC or some one else? i am lost !! if you ordered it through another dealer call them they sent the order to PEC. if you orderd direct from PEC i think they should help you out. at any rate i think everyone when they order a new canopy will ask there dealer to send them a confrimation on what there canopy will look like.

Call Ralph!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a good solution for getting screwed all over again....i have not dealt with PEC before, but i have dealt with ralph and got the shaft....

That is EXACTLY why I went to PEC in the first place! I was trying to avoid "getting the shaft" again.

I bought my main canopy from Ralph. It was a stock canopy so I guess you can't really mess that up but he was a real nice guy.

.-.

I've been following this thread and the little subthreads on color designer, order forms and dealer dialogue are messing me up quite a bit.

Now let me see if i can sum it up right;

You used an order form that was not from PD but by some unspecified dealer.
Then you used this orderform printout to order the canopy from a dealer who sent that to PEC who sent it to PD.
PEC wasn't sure if the colors were riight, so they checked back with dealer #1, who confirmed them being correct. PEC checked the form and wanted cash ahead.

Right so far?

IF so, dealer #1 is the person who messed up, if not by correctly transcribing the colors then in not relaying the question from PEC to you.
IMHO PEC should not have done anything else. They received an unusual order, checked back and got an ok. Dealer #1 did not do this. His fault.
My two ¢
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

If your going to deal with Ralph know what you want and what its worth. Ralph has a 100% satifaction guarantee. He will take stuff back and exchange it for something else or cash. He a gruff old bastard but you can deal with him if you watch your step.

blues

jerry

If your going to deal with Ralph know what you want and what its worth. Ralph has a 100% satifaction guarantee. He will take stuff back and exchange it for something else or cash. He a gruff old bastard but you can deal with him if you watch your step.

This is true. When I had problems with the custom Heatwave I ordered from him two years ago he took it back 30+ jumps and almost two months later and gave me full credit towards a new Stiletto (at a good price).
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Yup what he said... I am jumping an SR-71 canopy which is really a PISA Conquest which is a Western Parachute Sales ( Call Ralph) private label. Same canopy.. just a different label. I got a good deal on it after getting a really old used PD-9 Cell from him.. he gave me full credit on the old canopy... that looked like something out of a Miami Vice show... Damn thing looked like a friggin pink flamingo.
Going to his place is like trip into a time warp.
My only problem with him is he thinks I am rich.. based on where I work..... well maybe the truck has something to do with it as well.. and hence I cant horse trade with him at all:( I love dickering on price....one of the reasons I LOVE to travel to other places out of this country.

Amazon

The exact same thing happened to me. I used PD's on line design form. Gave it to the dealer and the dealer transferred it to another form. Hence, my color scheme was quite off. Dealer denied wrong doing. After a few jumps, I sold it. Went to a different dealer and got what I wanted. I know your frustration/disappointment!

The exact same thing happened to me. I used PD's on line design form. Gave it to the dealer and the dealer transferred it to another form. Hence, my color scheme was quite off. Dealer denied wrong doing. After a few jumps, I sold it. Went to a different dealer and got what I wanted. I know your frustration/disappointment!
Amen! Thank you Chief. I knew I couldn't be the only one this has happened to! (I didn't use PD's online order form though, I used another site's) The dealer has treated me like a piece of dirt, and just swept me aside. Fortunately I chose a very good manufacturer, and have gotten several serious offers for my canopy...and it's only been listed for 12 hours!

The dealer has treated me like a piece of dirt, and just swept me aside.

Here's to ya Warren, you are the consummate business man! Ha, ha, ha, ha.......

Your dealer? Or the distributor that your dealer ordered the canopy from? Unless you are leaving out information, I do not understand how you are Blaming the distibutor(PEC) for this error. And then to blast him on here lie this.

I understand why they do not want to do business with you again. They did not sell the canopy to you but you place the blame on them?

Josh
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you are quite right. You don't understand.

Anyway, it's over now. I don't have to deal with them, they don't have to deal with me...the world is a safe place for all once again.

Last post, thanks everyone! You've all been a great help...oh, by the way...have I mentioned that

PD ROCKS?!

You are entitled to your opinion, and you are quite right. You don't understand.

Anyway, it's over now. I don't have to deal with them, they don't have to deal with me...the world is a safe place for all once again.

Last post, thanks everyone! You've all been a great help...oh, by the way...have I mentioned that

PD ROCKS?!

This is just a guess, but it looks like PD stepped up and handled the problem. I have heard their customer service was first rate.B|
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals