SkymonkeyONE

a note on my brand of moderation

I was tasked by our fearless leader today to moderate this great new forum. While it is true that I am a new BirdMan Instructor, I am certainly no Jari Kuosma. I think Jussi and Chris are by far the most experienced wingsuit flyers here and I will defer to them as often as possible. I will call Jari and Kim and tell them we have a winsuit-specific forum here on the boards. Maybe that will get him coming around. As with the Swoop and Canopy Control forum, I would like to keep this board as clutter free as possible. Let's try to keep the threads on topic and start new ones when there is a clear change of direction. This makes it MUCH easier for us all to reference these archives for our own learning or instructional purposes.
Wingsuit flying is really "taking off" and I am just as excited as the rest of you to post my lessons learned and hear about what the rest of the flock is up to. I am not sure about you guys, but at least 50 percent of my jumps are in my suit now and I am amazed at the crap I can do in the thing.
Later,
Chuck
My webpage HERE

Thanks for the thread Chuck. As you can see from my previous questions I am very interested in learning this discipline but I know I have a ways to go. Just being able to jump and fall slowly in comparison to the other disciplines and have a different perspective on flying excites me.
- Chromey

Good deal! I'm trying to keep the number of moderators as low as possible. I'm sure there may be people in each of these forums with more experience than the moderator of the forum. (We have Bill Booth posting here!) In moderators I am looking for someone who can hold a conversation on the topic, not necessarily the guru. I'm looking forward to posts from Jari, Kim and the likes.
Most importantly though, it needs to be someone who has gained my trust over time, who understands the nature of the community we're trying to create here, have good judgment, a light hand, but also the edge to act when needed. It also helps if you're a card-carrying member of the.... just kidding! ;)
Thanks for picking this one up Chuck.
Safe swoops
Sangiro