jc07025

Beginner camps?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to look for beginner crew camps? Specifically looking for anywhere in the US from mid Jan to end March. I have gear (Triathlon), maybe a dozen two ways and a couple 3 stacks. I'm an eastern Canadian jumper so nothing up here till spring.

Thanks, Joe.

I don't know about CAMPS, but AXIS Flight School at Skydive Arizona does flocking and CRW training. I've done a few flocking jumps with them. Since you have experience Nik could probably take you right into some more advanced stuff (the "More" part at the bottom of the page). Worth shooting AXIS an email if you don't find something else.

http://axisflightschool.com/_coaching_canopy.html#Flocking

Skydive Perris (CA) also just had a 4-day CRW boogie earlier this month; I'm sure their staff know who might be offering CRW camps.

And if you haven't already, join the crwdogs email list - go to groups.google.com and sign up for the crwdogs list. Far more people are on there than elsewhere.

I know the Freeze your buns off boogie is in Florida in January and they normally have multiple groups of varying sizes for people.

Eloy still allows CRW and CF jumps; just has to be cleared with Manifest. During boogies and otherwise busy-busy weekends, it is usually not possible to do that kind of jump because there are too many planes flying (except for the sunset load; hard to beat a sunset high pull); however during any regular week especially in the morning, it should be possible.
http://www.skydiveaz.com/docs/default-source/safety-documents/opening-high-exiting-low.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Last year at the Spring Fling (Sebastian, FL), there were also a few first-time CRW-jumpers. If I recall correctly, they were flying in a nine-way formation by sunday. Try to get into contact with either Brian Pangburn or Kirk Vanzandt for more info, although it should also be posted tot the crwdogs group.

This year, it's around the end of march.