Croc

CRW with a Pilot

I sold my CF Storm and, since then, I've occasionally been doing some casual CRW with a friend while flying my sport rig, a Pilot with HMA lines. I asked Aerodyne about getting a Dacron lineset with non-cascaded A and B lines (Not red 900# A lines, just regular Dacron lines) and the person I talked to was certain it could not be done. I'm just curious--is there any downside to having non-cascaded A and B lines on a Pilot? Will it change its flight chacteristics? Safety issues? I've had Spectres with CRW linesets installed by PD, so her responce surprised me.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I suspect that's its because someone would have to do some additional measuring to figure out the correct b line length. Every triathlon I reline I get Dacron crw lines on and no one blinks an eye. But they already know the measurements for that. You probably can get a Dacron line set with standard cascaded lines without a problem.

Will it change flight characteristics - probabably as dacron will create more drag but probably not noticeable. Is it safety issue - I would doubt that.

My guess is that they just don't want to do the additional work of measuring the lines and building a non standard lineset.

Ask to speak with a rigger there rather than the office staff.

anyone have any pictures of non-cascaded linesets?
specifically, im wondering in regards to NON-cascaded A and B lines, if each of the front risers would simply have double the normal amount of lines than a traditional cascaded canopy? so i guess 8 lines connected to each front riser link rather than 4?
gravity brings me down.........

I suspect that's its because someone would have to do some additional measuring to figure out the correct b line length. Every triathlon I reline I get Dacron crw lines on and no one blinks an eye. But they already know the measurements for that. You probably can get a Dacron line set with standard cascaded lines without a problem.

Wendy, you are correct about getting Dacron lines for a Pilot. I ordered a new Pilot last year and they put Dacron on for me. Rob Fischer is the guy to talk to. As far as getting non-cascaded center A's and B's, I don't know. Talk to Rob about it.