Robissimo

BUY NOW A NEW CRW CANOPY

But...What is the reason why PD is producing a second CRW canopy, when the Lightning is so good and '' popular '' between crw dogs ?
Only to create ....panic :)I love my Mac stuff, and I've never done wrong choices, but with canopies it's a little different...
May the Storm became popular as the Lightning rapidly ?
It is BETTER than Lightning, or is only DIFFERENT due to commercial reasons ?[:/]

People use the storm for competition, but not for big ways. Most people using it for competition are also jumping it at much higher wing loadings as well than is standard for lightnings.

Pretty much all big way events in the us are still done on lightnings. The storm is extremely more sinky/nose down than the lightning which is also not the best for big ways because it would limit working time.

So if you want a Canopy for 2-way competition the storm is a good choice. But you won't be able to use it for the vast majority of big ways

If i remember well, a good wing load for Lightning is 1,347.
Do you know what is the best wing load for the Storm ?

I think we'll buy Lightning and Storm too...;)

There's a spreadsheet somewhere listing the weight ranges to canopy sizes for the Lightning which is used as a reference for big ways... I have a copy of it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If i remember well, a good wing load for Lightning is 1,347.
Do you know what is the best wing load for the Storm ?

I think we'll buy Lightning and Storm too...;)

There really isnt a "best" wingloading for the Storm, its more what are you compentent and capable of. Teams WL and compete with them ranging from 1.3 to 2.0+

I would recommend getting a demo CF Storm a tad bigger than your normal canopy and seeing what you think, being short lined the landings are .... different ;)
Some canopies can be fun to fly, but treat you like their bitch on opening. -- Jarno

Unfortunately, here in Italy is very difficult obtain a demo canopy, expecially in CF version. I'm seeing many people buying Storms, and therefore probably could be the best choice for years to come.
I've NEVER jumped ellliptical, i've NEVER performed fast landings, i've always put my canopy in the wind in safe altitude, and i'm a little...scaried of modern little surfaces.
When I was in competiton in 4way rotation, my team used Pursuits and then Comet 228 with shortened lines...[:/], and we often experimented hard landings, but with no big problems.
I'm 82 Kg and my teammate 60 kg. with good individual skills...
Any suggestion about a REASONABLE wing load ?:)

I would still default to don't jump something smaller than you are comfortable landing. Storms work great at any WL when flown with other Storms :) Beg and borrow from friends there in Italy that have them and try one out. The CF Strom can land you badly if your not careful.

I am roughly 110Kg and I jump a 120 CF Storm, but I also jump a 99JFX for freefall.
Some canopies can be fun to fly, but treat you like their bitch on opening. -- Jarno

CF Storm a really different than Lightnings.
For CF, it's preferable to fly with a WL of 1.6 ~ 2.0

See 2 way and 4 way at the last World championship and at Dubai : Storm 120 to 97, and all theses teams are downsizing.Do you know teams who make 16~18 in 2 ways ou 10 in 4 ways with lightnings

In my opinion, CF Strom fly well with big WL.

I'm 65kg, I try 135, 120, 120 with weight belt (8kg) and 107 with weight belt (8kg).
The 135 really seems to be stalling, not enought weight.
The 120 is just good, and become really good with extra-weight.
In 2012, I will have a 107 and it will be really great for 4 way sequential.

So yes, you can't participate with storm in actual big ways with lightnings, but Storms big ways begins and storms are really better than lightnings for 2 and 4 way Sequential.
French Canopy Formation Team