sabre1700

Beginner CRW Camp, Eastern Michigan, Aug 12-14th

Hey all,

Maybe this should be in the "Help Wanted" section, but what the heck.

We're putting together a beginner crw camp in Eastern Michigan (just north of the Motor City).

We'll have some where between 8-15 aspiring crwpups (depending on how many crw coaches I can round up.)

Beginner Class will be the evening of Thurs, Aug 11th, with jumping on the 12, 13, and 14th of Aug.

Plan is: one-on-one coach jumps Fri and Sat, working towards larger dives on Sat, Sun, as progress permits.

Warm-up jumps with anyone who wants to get there early, on Thursday Aug 11th.

If you're available, have some crw coaching experience, and would like to come help out, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We'll be jumping Lightnings in the 1.3-1.35 range.

The DZO is very supportive and excited to have CRW at the DZ.

Come on out and let's help get CRW restarted in Michigan.

Thanks and blue skies,
Razz & April

Hi, Can you be more specific about where? I'm going to be at a conference that week in Muskegon. I'm trying to learn CRW with Abbie Mashall in Idaho, but he's mighty busy. Hopefully, Ill have a few jumps with him before the camp, but I'm definitely a beginner.

Thanks, Pat
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

hey skyjump, I'm trying to get a few CRW jumps in at CSC DZ (Rochelle, IL.)during summerfest days, July 23-31(closed 25 &26).
How about that drive?
Free Camping grounds, RV slots (not sure cost per day)Weekends Parties, Turbine Aircraft(Pac and/or Otter)$24 or 11 jumps for 10 paid jumps or 28 jumps for 25 paid jumps.
That way you are warmed up for the warm ups

A BIG thank you to all who came to support us in giving Michigan CRW a much needed jumpstart! Everyone who attended had a blast and I hope we can keep CRW over Michigan for a long time to come!

Razz and Mav, thank you so much for the one-on-one coaching, bringing out canopies, getting 5 skydivers broke in to CRW, for which much beer was bought, and working with another 7 of us with various levels of CRW experience to get us together into some really awesome jumps! I can't wait for the video, which April came out to do and as always did an amazing job!

Thank you SO MUCH Mike Lewis for loaning us some canopies and one Korissa Bomba to bring her CRWy CRWness and wonderful attitude to our little corner of the world!

Thanks Deb and Nickie for making the drive up to Michigan, it was awesome meeting you ladies and hope to do some CRW with you again soon!

I look forward to getting a load of new CRW jumpers to Cheese, and meeting many more of what I've come to realize is the best community of skydivers out there. I've been very fortunate to be able to meet so many welcoming, amazing people over the last year, and it just keeps getting better!

I'll keep you all posted about next years Homegrown Boogie, just remember... Detroit doesn't totally suck!!! (can't wait to start a LIST!)

And, as happens with most CRWbie events, we are looking for canopies. I think we have several of the attendees interested in canopies sorted out all ready, though various contacts, but are still looking for a L160 in decent shape at a reasonable price, if anyone has one sitting in a closet, I promise this kid will jump it like crazy and make you proud!

CReW Skies!

Joe Thompson