morris

2way-rotation for competitions?

I came up with the idea that adding 2way-rotation to competitions for jumpers who havn´t competed yet/so far would make for an way easier start and therefore attract more teams/jumpers. For the upcoming german nationals in late August, the german federation did more or less the same for RW by adding a very easy 4way programm for beginners to stop the decline of teams competing. From looking at the registrationnumbers, this seems to be working...
Let me know what you think.

The US has 2-way already and is testing 2-way Pro-Am at this year's Nationals.

2-way was brought in to increase the number of people participating. Failing that, it was decided to try Pro-Am.

Maybe we should just have more people compete in the events we already have. 4-way rotes, 4-way seq, 2-way, 8-way, 2-way pro-Am.

Jump more, post less!

In Germany fewer people attend the competitions (see discussion within DFV) and fewer people do CF.

CF is not visible anymore on most dropzones and it became difficult to get CF introduction, training and funjumps.

On the last German nationals there were four CF teams. In a short-term view, a newbie team which only does 2-way rotations should attend the nationals too (beginning of september in Kassel). Maybe they won't win a medal, but they'll have a lot of fun and get in contact with the dogs.

For mid-term improvement Pro-Am might be a better idea. But i can't remember success or fail stories from US.

Would be interested in peoples ideas.

I am going to run a 2-way rotations video comp amongst the dropzones in Western Australia in September, to try and get interest and skills up, so hopefully can run a 2-way sequential meet in December with the ultimate goal take a few teams to the Aussie nationals in March.

anyone got tips on rules etc for 2-way rotos super keen to listen
...remember to take it easy.....and if its easy take it home..

Our team suggested this to the British Parachute Association (BPA) competitions committee last year but we were ridiculed, even though only 2 or 3 teams ever turn up to competitions. I think the comment was “we tried that 20 years ago and it didn’t work”

In our opinion and after speaking to less experienced or casual CF jumpers it’s a just what is needed to get more people involved. Often the casual jumper will only do 15 or 20 crew jumps a year and to expect them to enter a full sequential competition when they’ve hardly done any offset docks is very discouraging and is asking for trouble.

We did run a 2 way rotations competition at this years UK Army championships and had a lot of interest, much more than the regular “official” BPA events. Maybe one day the BPA will join the 21st century and start to listen to its members who are actually out there travelling around the country and competing.
PH36 Canopy Formation Team.
www.skydive99.com
www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/PH36-Canopy-Formati