ruthers

Russian CRW brake handles on shoulders

I've heard about and seen photos of russian CRW team members with their brake handles stowed on the shoulders, next to the 3 ring releases.

Presumably because this allows the jumper to have brakes in hand immediately after pitching and before the risers come up.

does anyone know how the brake stows are set up? Is there something on the riser to hook a stow loop on, or is the stow function at the shoulders?

I've heard about and seen photos of russian CRW team members with their brake handles stowed on the shoulders, next to the 3 ring releases.

Presumably because this allows the jumper to have brakes in hand immediately after pitching and before the risers come up.

does anyone know how the brake stows are set up? Is there something on the riser to hook a stow loop on, or is the stow function at the shoulders?

we (CF CaTo) use this concept also with our CF-Storms, and it works. The toggles are clicked on two press-studs on the main-lift cover (?not sure if this is official name). The setup is such that the steeringlines are in half-brake. So no brake-stows needed.
After opening (pull-out) we immediatly go for the toggles and are able to steer and correct the opening canopy as needed. If we miss grabbing the toggles, the force on the press-studs during opening is too high to keep, so they will release. (most important rule: if you miss one, let go of the other :-)
The smaller the canopy (and higher wingload) the more violent a bad opening can be, and this setup really helps to prevent that (we can correct a beginning twist or 180 during opening)
Caren

according to cato post 3/10, the brakes release if you don't get to them before opening shock. They use these to release brakes and steer their opening canopy to perfect on heading.
The question would really be what kind of mal is it? Bag lock prob. won't release brakes? would line twist, meaning you missed releasing both brakes before canopy line twisted.
Would these(prob but gonna ask) brakes system release on a baglock cut-away (meaning they didn't release during the baglock and I just pulled silver)? I know some crewdogs still use bags and not tail pockets so thats the question I have.