humanflite

Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them

So I've been getting into some crew the past year and altho I've still got a lot to learn an old crew dawg was trying to get me to come on some night jumps they are doing later this year

Just wondering if any dawgs here have experience of them and if so how did the jumps go??

ps/ Im not up for doing one myself...yet. Just curious!

Night jumps are few and far between in this neck of the woods any more, but in the past I've been on quite a few. They're a lot of fun.

One of the most memorable was a night 9-stack during the nationals at ganonoque in 1986, but it was more common to be doing back-to-back 4-ways or 4-stacks out of 182's.

On a night with a good moon it is often as if it's daylight-the only difference being everything is shades of gray, no color.

If you get the chance, go for it.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Best night CRW memory...

Canadian Nationals 1996. We were competing in 4 way rotations.

We went to do a night jump out of the Caravan and slammed it together very quickly. Just like SkyPuppy says...almost as bright as day - especially with the full moon at our back.

We decided to start yelling out our "INCOMING" and "GO" even though we were just flying around in our original 4 stack. We got to the ground and they could hear us. They thought we were bad-ass doing night rotations!!

We decided to start yelling out our "INCOMING" and "GO" even though we were just flying around in our original 4 stack. We got to the ground and they could hear us. They thought we were bad-ass doing night rotations!!

Awesome! :D:D:D

I have done a number of night jumps but never a night CRW jump. Always wanted to, but hindsight probably says I would have been better off not doing so.

No matter how loud you yell "incoming" and "go", I would not have heard ya, and I have over 200 CRW jumps. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Night 16-Way diamond at Perris was the most fun and scariest jump I had ever been on...that is until the next year, when some asshole came up with the idea for a night 25-Way...then that one became my new scariest jump.[:/]

Night 16-Way diamond at Perris was the most fun and scariest jump I had ever been on...that is until the next year, when some asshole came up with the idea for a night 25-Way...then that one became my new scariest jump.[:/]

Don't worry, another asshole will come up with a 30 or 36 way diamond night jump in the future...

There may or may not be a run on butt plugs for that event. :ph34r::D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

get out the search lights to light it up!:P

Naaa, what you really need is flares! :D

I wonder if Jim Bolton would be nuts enough to take some roman candles up, dock last on the bottom then light 'em up!

:D

I wonder if Jim Bolton would be nuts enough to take some roman candles up, dock last on the bottom then light 'em up!

I wouldn't mind firing the roman candles off the bottom, just tell me which canopies to point them at!;)

Jump more, post less!

I wouldn't mind firing the roman candles off the bottom, just tell me which canopies to point them at!;)

...I LIKE CHRISTMAS TREE'S :ph34r: