Baksteen

AAD for CReW

Do I really want to hold a downplane for so long (low) that an AAD might become an issue (~1000 feet)?

Hell yeah B| Seen them taken down so low the jumpers let go and then landed straight after, once with one jumper sorta aimed at the public (which were mostly jumpers anyway) :o:ph34r:

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Not really much point doing a downplane if you're above 1000'....

Unless maybe you're doing parabatics....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Still quite far away from the activation speed !

Is there any occurences of an AAD activating during a CRW jump ? ...

What do you want? someone to die before you'll say maybe it;s a bad idea?

People used to say 'Is there any occurences of an aad activating during a swoop jump', too -- then someone died and they still pretended it was a fluke -- until more and more aads fired during swoops, fortunately usually without fatalities. Even now they (the pro-aad forces) keep saying it can't happen, and most serious swoopers I know won't wear one....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

Or unless you paid attention to the fact it's really dangerous below 1000 ft.

I would challenge that statement....

Still quite far away from the activation speed !

Is there any occurences of an AAD activating during a CRW jump ? ...

What do you want? someone to die before you'll say maybe it;s a bad idea?

People used to say 'Is there any occurences of an aad activating during a swoop jump', too -- then someone died and they still pretended it was a fluke -- until more and more aads fired during swoops, fortunately usually without fatalities. Even now they (the pro-aad forces) keep saying it can't happen, and most serious swoopers I know won't wear one....

What do I want ... an answer to the question !!! .. thats why I asked

If I wanted to know about swooping ... I would be asking this elsewhere

Do I want someone to get hurt or killed ... of course I dont ...

Now you either know the answer to the question I asked or you dont ... from your reply its obvious that you dont ... so stop being a prick

I'll ask again ... has there been any incidents / occurances where as AAD has activated during a CRW jump ... facts please not opinion

> What do I want ... an answer to the question !!! .. thats why I asked

Only a amall amount of CRW jumpers read this forum at all and it would be pure chance that you get an actual report. You could ask the manufacturers of AADs or broaden your question and/or audience.

Maybe ask USPA for some facts/records of CRW deaths and then go though them and see what the facts/causes are, THEN report them back here so we all can know.
It might be very hard to get a good reading cause according to most here they don't have AAD's on them to start with so the numbers of ADD's being used on CRW jumps are VERY low and then to try and find an Death/Injury from one (which is hard if not being used by many)is really going to make it look VERY SAFE to use it.
Should first survey how many use one, then see if they had problems with it, how many CRW jumps made with a AAD and build a database on that info., that would really get the facts. sry, no time to survey.
I had a AAD fire on me, pulled at 1900' opened main1500', released brakes and started to steer, felt a tug on the right shoulder, looked behind and seen a reserve trailing and opening, CUT my main and looked up to see my main risers going past the reserve front edge. Sry, didn't want to fly 2out as some said I should have. It was like a canopy transfer, had no jolt,(both canopies are the SAME size also) just watch the main riser go and new canopy was over my head. Got neat vid from it too! Vid also show my alt. while pulling to prove no-low pull! had nuff time to circle around and land next to free bag and walk to main on runway. Just my experence with a AAD and yes I still jump with it today.

Do I really want to hold a downplane for so long (low) that an AAD might become an issue (~1000 feet)?

Hell yeah B| Seen them taken down so low the jumpers let go and then landed straight after, once with one jumper sorta aimed at the public (which were mostly jumpers anyway) :o:ph34r:

Bet you a beer they weren't CReW *puppies* though;)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

There was a CRW accident at my local DZ about 18 months ago on a 2 way. The pair exited together, one was to pull first and the other was to wait until he saw the first guy delay a few more seconds and then pull. The first guy had a PC hesitation or canopy snivel, not sure which. The second guy just saw that he pulled, waited a few seconds, then pulled. Don't know if he lost sight of the first guy or not. The second guy's canopy open straight away, the first guy hit him with either just pc or with sniveled main out. The first guy suffered concussion and ripped major ligaments in his leg, might have lost consciousness for while, I don't know. Thankfully he woke up under canopy (in a lot of pain) and landed himself ok (but injured from the collision. The second guy was bruised but ok.

If the guy who had the PC hesitation had instead had total due to for example bridle misrouting, and AAD could be a life saver. Of course, there are other ways to avoid the situation, but that doesn't negate the example that an AAD could save a life on a crw jump.