andyturner

Will a Diamant fly ok with a Spectre?

I know ideally everyone should use the same canopies but from a practical point of view I'm just after some basic CF1 / B3 type training and equipment is in short supply!

In fact, has anyone had any bad experiences at all from flying different canopies together?

thanks & regards
Andy

Hello Andy,

A Spectre and a Triathlon will work.A Spectre with a Lightning willwork.A Spectre with a Diamant will not work.
The Diamant is going down much faster. The french crw canopys like the diamant or the ruby don't play well with other kids on the block. The best way to go is to buy a cheap diamant and do crw with that.
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

Hi,

I was on a sequential team (circa 2000 - 2001) that jumped diamants, and we were coached by the guy that designed them.

They are a canopy designed for experienced competitors, they are not the easiest canopy to use (although in the right hands they were at the time the best sequential canopy around) they are also unfortunately not compatible with any other crw canopy around today.

I would not advise beginners or low experienced crw jumpers to use them.

Sorry.

Plastic

um, i thought they landed ok, but then i thought the ar-7 landed not too bad, but i'm not as tall as i used to be! Maybe there is a connection.

Plastic

Degenerative Disc Disease? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban