rhys

Daedalus JFX CRW canopy

Come on, post some pics of this beast. No need for detailed photos giving away all the secrets, just a basic shot of canopy in the air. :P

We'll try and get some pics up soon. Still trying to get some bugs worked out. Hope to have some quality shots we can post by next week.

Craig
Jump more, post less!

Come on, post some pics of this beast. No need for detailed photos giving away all the secrets, just a basic shot of canopy in the air. :P

We'll try and get some pics up soon. Still trying to get some bugs worked out. Hope to have some quality shots we can post by next week.

Craig

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is there any news on this canopy? I'm assuming winning with them at nationals was proof enough that they're ready to show?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

signed,
a budding crew-pup
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

By the power of google, I found pics of something that may be the JFX on a russian language site (http://www.skycentre.net/lofiversion/index.php?t6757.html):
http://picasaweb.google.com/yurig.garmashov/JFX

A nice shot that shows some of the details:
http://picasaweb.google.com/yurig.garmashov/JFX#5230672491095990354

Anyone speak Russian?
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Yeah, it wasn't our best round. Not a whole lot of time to practice with the new canopies, and we don't focus on rotes too much. We added in our alternate for the whole meet to get him some practice, so the blue canopy is a stock JFX and a little "soft" for rotes.

We are still working on the deployment system. Of course, you can put whichever system you prefer and dacron lines on a JFX and have a great crw canopy.

Yuri's pictures show an older mod of the deployment system, and I think larger canopies than we are jumping now.

Stay tuned, we have lots of work to do over the winter, but things are coming together fast!!

Craig
Jump more, post less!

By the power of google, I found pics of something that may be the JFX on a russian language site (http://www.skycentre.net/lofiversion/index.php?t6757.html):
http://picasaweb.google.com/yurig.garmashov/JFX

A nice shot that shows some of the details:
http://picasaweb.google.com/yurig.garmashov/JFX#5230672491095990354

Anyone speak Russian?

the discussion is basically about how the brand new JFX are completely remoded with new lines, new attachment points and even new holes in whatever for the pilot chute retraction.
Also some mention of how all CReW people are crazy. :ph34r:
- It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.
- I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now fuck off.

is actually a former Lodi local

Did he get fired?

Good to see therte are some great results from these canopies, I look forward to seeing htem in action again next year when we are there.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Did anything come of this? Are any teams using them now?

We have been using these canopies for about four years now and absolutely love them!

Nice openings, great flying, easy to handle, and awesome landings. Finally, a CF canopy that lands like every other canopy, not like you have been thrown of the back of a moving truck.

NZA has also developed a 5-cell canopy for CF. Both the JFX and the 5-cell (can't remember the name of the top of my head) competed in Dubai at the World Championships. Seventh and second in two-way.

edit to add; results are not final, CF isn't done yet.
Jump more, post less!

Thats awesome, i've been trying to keep track of whats going on but the website doesnt give you much more info other than country names.

Is it a standard cf setup (retractable bridle/freepacked/tailpocket etc? Earlier in the thread someone was mentioning experimenting with different deployment methods, anything different?

It has a normal tailpocket, although its really small! There just isn's a need for a large one, there isn't much line to stuff in there.

The retract system is a two-piece slider that retracts and inverts the pilot chute as it comes down. Since it's two-pieces, it is split so there is almost nothing between you and the canopy after opening except a few retraction lines.

The lines are slightly shorter than stock, but that doesn't effect the landing charectersitics at all as far as we can tell.

Jump more, post less!

Final standings for NZA CRW canopies- 3rd for the Aussies on the 5 cell and 8th for us on our JFXs. The JFX canopy is awesome, so much fun to fly and I can't say that about many CRW canopies. It may not be the best for 2 way because it is so responsive and easy to get rocking, although I believe that with more time to specialize in 2 way it could be flown with the finesse necessary to excel. I do think for rotations and sequential it is great. It's time to move CRW canopies into this millennium. NZA fuck yeah!
Sharon

Are there any differences in between the 7 and the 5 cell? How do they handle differently?

two cells??!!

I found (on limited test jumps of the 5 cell) that the 7 cell was more responsive and twitchier than the 5 cell, which is expected.

Really, what are YOU looking to do with these canopies?

Jump more, post less!

So, what lines are they using on such high performance CRW canopies these days? Still all dacron? Or center and ends dacron or what? (NZA web site doesn't show any JFX CRW canopies.)

Edit: No Dacron? Even for their Matrix CRW canopy, the order form is generic across all their canopies. On it one can order Spectra / Vectran / Technora, but Dacron is listed only for tandem canopies...

So, what lines are they using on such high performance CRW canopies these days? Still all dacron? Or center and ends dacron or what? (NZA web site doesn't show any JFX CRW canopies.)

Edit: No Dacron? Even for their Matrix CRW canopy, the order form is generic across all their canopies. On it one can order Spectra / Vectran / Technora, but Dacron is listed only for tandem canopies...

Dacron all the way around on our JFX's.

We initially thought we would have issues with stretching and the canopies getting out of trim, but after putting over a thousand jumps on some canopies, we only noticed a slight change in performance. Granted it is difficult to tell because not only are the lines older, but the canopy itself is way older.

But our orginal 96's are still quite compatible with anything we fly today at a similar wingloading.

Jump more, post less!