cornishe

Too Wrapped Up, way too wrapped up

I've seen a dacron line on a Lightning cut through 4 layers of fabric during a wrap. The top 2 layers were nylon and the heat generated by the line cutting through the fabric fused those 2 layers together. If dacron will do that, think of what microline will do.

Microline CRW is not a very smart idea, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

I know that I may not do CRW a lot but IMO I think that stacks diamonds and even down planes are not radical. Its rather harmless "bumping". I dont think that I would go do anything to stupid. I just think you have to stay smart and safe. If you do that any canopy will be ok. Is a 200 square ft canopy that much more easy to get out of compared to a 120? I think I would rather be wrapped in a 120. So why use the 200 "CRW" canopy it sure is a lot more material.

When something goes wrong, it will go wrong much, much faster on a smaller canopy, and the consequences will be much, much more brutal if that canopy has microlines (and you don't have to do something "stupid" for things to go bad in CRW). I'm glad that you have an interest in CRW, but have a little more respect for it. Telling someone that CRW on a microlined elliptical is OK is not cool (especially when you have little experience in the discipline). I've done microlined CRW with ellipticals. It's serious business.

If you're ever in the PA area, look me up. I'll set up with a proper canopy and show you what CRW is really all about.:)

Well I may just have to take you up on the. I go down to PA every once in a great while to jump with an old friend from Hawaii @ Chambersburg skydive center. I am going back out to Hawaii W/ intentions to attempt a state record of a 7 stack w/ a bunch of friends w/ verried CReW experience. All of us on ZP SEMI to ELIP.

I think that stacks diamonds and even down planes are not radical

Sorry but I have to disagree. I've been in those formations when they went bad fast.
Anytime you play with someone elses canopy, know the conquences and how to deal with them.
Listen to Chuck. He's giving good info, all you have to do is listen.
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

More of what Chuck and Frank said.

... I am going back out to Hawaii W/ intentions to attempt a state record of a 7 stack w/ a bunch of friends w/ verried CReW experience. All of us on ZP SEMI to ELIP.

I suggest you look at this video and this thread. They document just how fast things can go to hell.

When coming to the conclusion "that won't happen to me" as I suspect you will, keep in mind very experienced CRWdogs have bought it after encountering events that were relatively benign compared to the above. None of us wants to read another "no shit, there he was ..." story.

Bob