cornishe

Too Wrapped Up, way too wrapped up

Sorry I had the video down over night. It's back up now. Thanks to Mike Teague for being there to help Frank and for doing such a good job of capturing this video. A lot can be learned from this.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Fantastic video... my god that was super tight video work....

At one point it looks like your trying to hook yourself onto the top of his canopy, a newbie question, but why were you flying so close, i apriciate you have a high skill level but could you have made the situation worst, had you made contact.

Glad all are well.

Thanks for that. I edited, narrated and posted the video for the team as an incredible learning aid. I have limited crw experience.
Green Light

You are very welcome. I am so happy that this turned out the way it did as it is so obvious that it could have been disasterous. I can't wait to hear what the inspection of the rig turns up. It is puzzling how the reserve got deployed. The forces involved must have been huge.

By the way. To all who read this. Tim Farnum is the bad spot guy at the airport and he recovered all three mains which were scattered about the city of Perris. One was even on top of a two story roof. Tim was also being chased by the Perris Police at the time. When they finally caught up to him they let him off with a warning.

Tim is a hero at Perris for his hard work and skill in recovering cut-away mains and related reserve gear. I think he is owed a special thanks for his efforts as he is not paid all that well and could use some extra tip money when he saves someone's very expensive gear. He very seldom get's a tip of any kind when he does that. Next time your main is brought back to the airport by Bad Spot Tim you should reward him for his efforts. After all he just saved you a heck of a lot of money.

June 28th, Air Trash will be honoring Tim for all his hard work. It will be Bad Spot Tim Farnum Appreciation Day. There will be a jar passed around to collect cash for Tim. We are hoping that this will compensate him a little for all he has done.
Green Light

It is puzzling how the reserve got deployed. The forces involved must have been huge.

While half of Frank's canopy spun up like a helicopter Franks body performed like a flyweight and kept the momentum going fast so he bounced off my legs several times. After I cut away my body acted like a flyweight governer bouncing on him from ahead and then spinning around and hitting him from behind until my ankle gave and spit me out. One of those bounces probably did the deed.

Thanks for the explanation...Cool stuff, I'm sure you know i was not having a pop at the camera guy, Just trying to figure out what was hapening.

This may seem a little sick and twisted but it has upped my intrest into Crw work. Such a lot of technical stuff to see and learn, hopefully i'll find a canopy suitible and come and join you boys one day.

This may seem a little sick and twisted but it has upped my intrest into Crw work.

Yeah, videos like this are some of our best recruiting tools. Having an eloquent speaker like Frank say a few words at the end helps, too.

CRW is very different from regular skydiving. It involves a lot more thinking and requires much more knowledge of gear and flying. Make sure you do your homework.

Kevin K.

you can stick your crw work where the sun dont shine. My 2 princesses need a daddy to look after them.

Are you suggesting we only do CReW in the clouds? Well we have. Its just a lot harder to track down the gear after a cut away. Bright side, its harder for the pilot to wander off heading looking for real estate to invest in.

you can stick your crw work where the sun dont shine. My 2 princesses need a daddy to look after them.

Huh?? The 2 folks I was referring to, Base jump on a regular basis.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

hopefully i'll find a canopy suitible and come and join you boys one day.

You dont need a "suitible canopy for CRW. LOL I did my first one on a semi elip loaded 1.25:1 and my latest CRW has been done on a Nitron loaded 1.25:1 youll be fine.

Just run that thin line across bare skin and see how much you like that non-crw canopy. Can you say ouchie?
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

hopefully i'll find a canopy suitible and come and join you boys one day.

You dont need a "suitible canopy for CRW. LOL I did my first one on a semi elip loaded 1.25:1 and my latest CRW has been done on a Nitron loaded 1.25:1 youll be fine.

Just run that thin line across bare skin and see how much you like that non-crw canopy. Can you say ouchie?

AHHH your point is well made so just to make clear have shoes, pants and gloves on. BE CAREFULL AND HAVE FUN!

AHHH your point is well made so just to make clear have shoes, pants and gloves on. BE CAREFULL AND HAVE FUN!

We had a fat dacron line cut clean through a newman glove and down well into the skin during one of our rounds at nationals. No gloves and spectra would have cut to the bone and possibly fillet the meat off of that in the same circumstance. Of course that was during heavy rotations not just bumping end cells or gentle center cell docks.