Madison

WI CRW Boogie Aug.15-17th

Mark Kruse and Jim Rasmussen will be organizing a CRW Boogie at SkyKnights in East Troy,WI Aug.15-17th.
The plan is to do some fun CRW and beat the current WI record, a 13-stack.

CRW enthusiasts of all skill levels are welcome to attend. Please reply if you'll be there or have any questions.

I'll put out a "list" soon.
Thanks and Blue Skies,
April
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Now that sounds like some fun (except for the jumping with Mark Kruse part.) There shouldn't be any snow then. That doesn't start till the end of August.;)

Kevin3

Oh Wendy, you loved it, - and you jumped alright the next day. Mind you, we could not understand a word (sound/noise ?????) you were saying. ;)

Mark is a wwwoooonnnnddddeeeeerrrrrrfffffuuuulllll host. :P

Where's the salt?

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Now that sounds like some fun (except for the jumping with Mark Kruse part.) There shouldn't be any snow then. That doesn't start till the end of August.;)

Kevin3

HEY NOW! We don't get snow in Wisconsin until Halloween! >:(
Linda Lu
CRW Diva #73

Greetings, Mr. Kruse was on one of our many 12-stacks over Baldwin. Unfortunately he was unable to join us for our sixteen stack, July of 1990. We landed in nearby Woodville WI. We received rides back to the DZ courtesy of the neighborhood Limo-service. They had been used at a wedding the night before. Done the Tequilla , spanked the Junk Yard Dawg. Celebrated the life after-near-death with the Kruse. Even had great toe at Sky Knights Skruca;)

1990??
Sorry, I was in 10th grade doing two-stacks in my boyfriend's bed...

But thanks for the info. Sounds like we have a bigger and better goal to achieve for the new record above East Troy! Were you gonna join in on the fun?

Any photos of your 16-stack? That'd be cool to see!!

April

Sixteen Stack July of 1990. ;)

Thanks Brian (Skruca). 13 sounded a bit low. We tend to forget the popularity of CRW back in the 1980's and early 90's. We all jumped 7 cell F-111's and every dive was a CRW dive. I'd love to attend this event, but I don't have a (lightning) canopy . Will there be any Crew done with older f-111's??

Just last summer, we built a 7 stack over Baldwin with F-111's.

PM me with details and I will pass the word.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Hey April and JIm,

I plan on being there for the weekend and hopefully Kurt, Paul, Andy and some good Polish beer too.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Here's the current list so far...
Please add your name if you'll be there, or PM me and let me know. It's gonna be a great time!
Life's been hectic, so please excuse me if I forgot someone.
There will be extra Lightnings available for use as well.

Mark Kruse - org.
Jim Rasmussen - org.
Jim Cowan
Kevin & JD Keenan
Bruce Barnett
Mike Stark “Ravin”
Kermit
Bob Felt
T LaVonne
Annie DeKoker
Linda Ruiz
Keith Paulson
Kurt Marsan
Paul Biggerstaff
Andy Metcalfe
Brian Soderman
John Bechtel
Brian Martin
Jay Kedley
Bill Grace
Eric Bernetzke
Annie Jackson
Nichole Fain
Jef LeRette
Todd Zimmerman
Jeremy Olexa
April Schuldt – video

The word is that Mike Lewis will also be attending the Wisconsin CRW Boogie. Everyone is invited to come and earn their Wisconsin 4-Stack Award (picture attached)

Here's an updated list. Please let me know if you'll be attending and I can get you more info. as needed.

Mark Kruse - org.
Jim Rasmussen - org.
Jim Cowan
Kevin & JD Keenan
Bruce Barnett
Mike Stark “Ravin”
Kermit
Bob Felt
T LaVonne
Annie DeKoker
Linda Ruiz
Keith Paulson
Kurt Marsan
Paul Biggerstaff
Andy Metcalfe
Brian Soderman
John Bechtel
Brian Martin
Jay Kedley
Bill Grace
Eric Bernetzke
Annie Jackson
Nichole Fain
Jef LeRette
Todd Zimmerman
Jeremy Olexa
Mike Livieri
Tom Stewart
Lyn Hannah
Roger McClelland
Eduardo Guillen
Mike Lewis
Steve Cannistra
Eric French (working on it)
Sarge (maybe)
April Schuldt – video

Hey All,
I got this from Lisa Schieffer @ Sky Knights: (& I added the most recent list.)

"As you probably know, this coming weekend, August 15-17, we are having a CRW Boogie at Sky Knights! We have jumpers coming in from around the country to attempt to break the current Wisconsin CRW record.

We will be charging a boogie fee to cover the cost of food and beer for the weekend. The fee is $25, which will get you food/drinks for the whole weekend. You can also pay $6 for each lunch/dinner event that you want to attend.

Saturday night we will be having night jumps and a Wisconsin BBQ! What makes it a Wisconsin BBQ? Cheese and beer, of course!

If you ordered a boogie shirt, they will be available in the office starting on Friday night.

A representative from Aerodyne is planning to attend the boogie, so this is your chance to demo their canopies."

Mark Kruse - org.
Jim Rasmussen - org.
Mike Lewis
Kevin Keenan
Julie Keenan
Eduardo Guillen
Steve Cannistra
Eric French
Sarge (Andrew Preston)
Chico (Michael Tomaselli)
Janet Tomaselli
Bruce Barnett
Mike Stark “Ravin”
Kermit
Bob Felt
T LaVonne
Annie DeKoker
Linda Ruiz
Keith Paulson
Kurt Marsan
Paul Biggerstaff
Andy Metcalfe
Brian Soderman
John Bechtel
Brian Martin
Tim Shue
Jay Kedley
Bill Grace
Eric Bernetzke
Annie Jackson
Nichole Fain
Jef LeRette
Todd Zimmerman
Jeremy Olexa
Mike Livieri
Tom Stewart
Brad Kult
Jamison Kraus
Brent Racine
Greg Porter
Josh Luba
April Schuldt – video
Lyn Hannah- video
Derrick Krakau- video

Got this info. from Sky knights to help clarify (& bump this back to the top, because it's this weekend!!)

"Our last email may have been a little confusing, so here is a little more clarification...

Boogie Fee. You do NOT have to pay the $25 boogie fee to jump at Sky Knights this weekend. The boogie fee is required if you want to partake in the food and drinks for the whole weekend. Wristbands will be issued to anyone paying the boogie fee.

The other option is to pay for each meal separately, without paying the entire boogie fee. For example, if you are only going to be at Sky Knights for dinner on Saturday night, you could pay $6 to eat/drink.

Safety First!

Hop and Pops. On Saturday and Sunday, there will be NO jumps from 4000 ft. If you want to do a hop and pop, you will need to do it from altitude. We will only be flying loads to full altitude or the available ceiling.

DZ Briefing. There will be a DZ briefing on Saturday morning at 8am for anyone who has not jumped at Sky Knights before, or since the beginning of the season. This will cover landing patterns, no landing zones, and other important information. As a reminder, especially given how busy things will be this weekend, only Club Members with a D License and 1000 jumps are allowed to land in the backyard."

Blue Skies!

To all involved,

Thank you all so much! I had a great time this weekend. I learned a lot and really appreciate all the hard work it takes to put on an event like this. Mark Kruse and Jim Rasmussen did a great job of teaching skills that even I could perform. April’s infectious smile and great personality made us all feel welcome. The management and staff of Sky Knights did a great job hosting the event.

I plan to work on skills and next time will be ready to participate in the 17-36 way! We’re already planning a CRW event at Skydive Twin Cities. We now have several folks in the area capable of doing offsets. Thanks for the training.

Look out East Troy… we’re going after your record! Hopefully, some of you will be here to help us. To all my new CRW friends, thanks for the great time and we’ll see you soon.

I know there was a lot of video shot and would like a copy of anything available.

To those involved in the "Death Strap" jump, That was truely great entertainment. God I love this sport!

Thanks again,

Oh, by the way, new Wisconsin record... 14
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Great weekend! Great organizers! Loads of talent for us newbies to learn from. Thanks again to all you experienced CRW dawgs who were very patient with us and taught us an incredible amount! I learned more in a couple days than I probably would have over the next year! Major props to the DZ, staff, and everyone who made it happen!!