countzero

night downplane- thoughts, stories?

being as i'm still looking for my own gear and haven't stated learning CRW yet, i don't think i'll be doing any night CRW anytime soon. but when i do get the chance safety will be the top priority.

thanks for the replies. i really enjoy reading and learning from other peoples skydiving stories.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

During last weekend we made a nice downplane after 2 way sequence jump around 22:45 a clock.

It was not total dark so not a really night down plane (we jump in Finland and now a days it doesnt get too dark at nights at all) but did give nice visuals for speed skydiving world cup ending ceremony at Utti DZ.

Noticed also that our competition CRW Triathlons with 50 cm shortened lines are quite sensitive with body movements during side by side. Down plane just formed before we actively made it!! But it was a lot of fun anyway!!

Jussi
---Ubi est actio hic?---

Sorry guys: not thread related.

Your mention of competition Tri's with 50cm shorter lines intrigues me.
What size Tri's?
Did Aerodyne do the mods or a local rigger?
How do they fly?
Did you pick up any significant decrease in Rote times?
Are the landings affected.
Cheers
Andre

Our rotation team jumps 99 and 120 sizes. 120 sized have 50 cm shorter lines than factory set and 99 have 45 cm shorter lines than factory set. No Aerodyne doesn't offer such modification from factory line sets have been made by local rigger.

They fly well and turn really really fast, we have also larger size x sliders, so canopies can spread more than they would with regular sliders and shorter lines.

We bought these babies from Romme Rotation CF team (www.rommerotation.com) and they seemed to do quite well on last world champion competition in Malewsky cup so you may say that there are some benefit jumping with shorter lines. Our team used to do rotation with notorious Express canopies from behind before we switched to these fast and switchy Tri's and shasee with so many changes it is hard to say, but in theory shorter lines shorter formation quicker rotations.

And yes landings are somehow affected. With shorter lines our tri's have really positive recovery arc and they tend to level out really quick, it will get some jumps to accustomed with this and adjusting your speed increasing maneuver starting height which some may say is quite low.

Jussi
---Ubi est actio hic?---