RkyMtnHigh

Lodi Camp June 8-10 Pics

Here are the pics that Chris uploaded to the crwlist. I took approximately 600 pics this weekend, so some of you will receive your individual pics after I have time to sort through them.

http://www.funjump.com/lodi2007/

Lodi did a great job as Host DZ for the CRW Camp. Bill and Kathy Dause were not only hospitable but accommodative as well. If I recall, Bill said that the 36 way was the largest CRW formation ever done at Lodi. The camaraderie, spirit of friendly good fellowship, and teamwork of the CRWdogs was awesome as usual.

Congrats to those who attended for a successful camp. Next stop...Jumptown. See you there.

They are split sliders and they are only on the top 3 canopies so that the top of the formation flys fast. The split sliders allow the canopy to flatten out.

Have fun with the Colorado CRWdogs! Steve, SuperDave, Kevin and the gang are greatB|

Edit: I just noticed that the pilot has a removable slider and the other two have a split slider.

Hi,

What's with the removable sliders? It is to my understanding that RDS sliders are not desireable for CRW. I am just starting out with CRW here in Colorado and am LOVING it!

Grant

Those pictures were of people specifically practicing for the base of the upcoming 100-way attempt. The base will be very fast: so fast that if you got behind it you couldn't catch it. If the base is fast it'll improve the health of the overall formation.

The very top people in that formation use methods outside of CRW norm so they can get that extra speed. You'll also notice those top canopies don't use retractible pilot chutes... they have standard bridles with collapsible pc's instead.

OK I see now. But when you say base for the diamond, are you talking about the top person on the diamond or somewhere in the center of the formation. I understand that you want the centere to haul ass because you don't want the wings to overtake the formation but where exactly is the base on these formations?

OK I see now. But when you say base for the diamond, are you talking about the top person on the diamond or somewhere in the center of the formation. I understand that you want the centere to haul ass because you don't want the wings to overtake the formation but where exactly is the base on these formations?

In this case when I said "base" I meant the entire 9-way formation that was in the photos, because eventually they'll be the base for a 100-way. "Base" in these formations refers to the top diamond.. it can be the top 4-way, 9-way, or 16-way etc. It always builds from the top down. In the 2005 record we referred to the top 25-way diamond as being the base, because all 25 exited the first Casa... then other planes flew by at lower altitudes so that other jumpers could dock on the 25-way base.

The very top 3 or 4 jumpers (so far) are the only ones that go to the extremes of having split sliders.

Great photos, thanks! What happened in photo #4940 (number 8 in the gallery) with the green-blue canopy? Ripped middle cell and then cutaway?

Like Spizzarko noticed, it was a pair of broken A lines, broken during deployment. The canopy was ok and the lines were replaced at the Lodi rigging loft that evening, so it was ready for jumping the next day.

the lines were replaced at the Lodi rigging loft that evening, so it was ready for jumping the next day.

Do you mean Pete Swan's Independent Rigging?
If so, it's totally different the Lodi rigging loft.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Do you mean Pete Swan's Independent Rigging?
If so, it's totally different the Lodi rigging loft.

I just know the rig was repacked and the lines were fixed the next morning. I wasn't aware there were 2 separate lofts

Actually Pete's the One True Lodi rigger, but his loft is an independent business. The DZ does not run its own loft. He did an absolutely spectacular job that weekend, including handling a 4x4 inch tear in my center cell between jumps! Such service!
CRW Diva #9
D-25905