kkeenan

2007 CFWR Announcement Update

Message from Brian Pangburn, posted here for your convenience:

Hello all you canopy formation pilots!

Due to a scheduling conflict we are going to have to change the date of the first Lake Wales camp to March 2, 3, and 4th. All other dates are a go and we look forward to seeing you all and getting back in the air! Below is the announcement again with the dates updated. Take Care!

Attention all Canopy Formation Pilots

In November 2007 we are again organizing the event we all have been waiting for – the 100-way Canopy Formation World Record. Below is the training and tryout schedule for the world record.

Training/Try-out Camps:
March 2, 3, 4 @ Florida Skydiving Center in Lake Wales, Florida
May 11, 12, 13 @ The Parachute Center in Lodi, California
May 26 – June 3 @ Empuriabrava, Spain
July 4 – 8 @ Jumptown in Orange, Massachusetts
August 10, 11, 12 @ Carolina Skysports in Louisburg, North Carolina
October 12, 13, 14 @ Perris Valley Skydiving in Perris, California

100-way Canopy Formation World Record Attempts:
November 17 – 25th @ Florida Skydiving Center in Lake Wales, Florida

The format will be similar to what we did for the 2005 world record. Each candidate will be required to attend at least one training/tryout camp to qualify for the record. We strongly suggest attending as many camps as possible to keep your skills sharp and improve your chances on being selected. The criteria will be similar to the 2005 selection criteria - only we need to shave off another second so better than a 9 second split average is needed to qualify – and they have to be smooth docks.

We will be working on updating our web site to include the dates and other information regarding the canopy formation world record. We hope to have the web site updated by the end of November. More details and sign up lists for each individual training camp will be coming later. Dust off them Lightnings and start doing some 2-ways to prepare. We need 100 canopy formation pilots all having a good day – on the same day – on the same dive - can you be one of them?

I believe that the only people who are getting these announcement emails are the people who were on the 2005 world record participant email list. I've seen them because Bob gets them but otherwise I wouldn't have. That's my guess, anyway.
Linda Lu
CRW Diva #73

<>

Last time we had a March practice at Lake Wales we sure had a good time. Great jumps, great party. We even saw a NASA rocket launch. Come to think of it I've had a great time EVERY time I've been to Lake Wales.
T

Photo by Tom Plonka