meekerboy

CRW training - Skydive Spain Christmas Boogie

Pat Hammond is a highly experienced Canopy Formation coach and has issued many CF1's. During the Christmas Boogie at Skydive Spain, Pat will be running a course and has 6 spaces available. If you have your B license and 100 jumps you can attend. Included in the course is all technical instruction for the jumps, packing lessons and kit hire (which is for free). The cost of each jump is 2 slots + €10.

To book your place, a £20 deposit is needed (UK office +44 113 250 5600). Let the dropzone know what licenses you already hold, any existing CF experience you have, your weight and total jump numbers. Pat will be at Skydive Spain from the 22nd December to 1st January and will be running courses for 6 days during this time.

www.skydivespain.com

just booked my space today and now have to read everything here to learn at least something about CReW before I go:$.

Anyone else going?

Hi Tash,

I've heard that a few of the Brit crwdogs will be there, I won't be unfortunately :(

For some starter info have a look at Wendy's CRW info page:
http://crwdog.servebeer.com/CRWdog/CRW%20Info.html
and in particular the CRW Emergency Procedures link.
Also the BPA safety brief (a lot of which is very similar - how many ways can you say the same thing!):
http://www.bpa.org.uk/training%20manuals/CF%20Appendix%20A.doc

But don't get freaked out by all the information on wraps and entanglements - on a 2-way with an experienced coach you shouldn't have any problems, but you need to know all the 'just in case' stuff....well, just in case!

Have a great time - the feedback I've had from the novice weekend we did earlier this year is that as well as being fun it was also very good experience for confidence under canopy during big-ways.

Have fun and fondle some nylon! ;)
Hope to catch up with you soon - at the agm if not before?
Cheers,
Martin