Andrelr

Back!

After two years in Saudi, I'm now back in South Africa and did a morning of base/pins prepping for a 4-way rote team.

Nice to see that you don't lose it too quickly. Nice also to be reminded that this stuff is just a little bit scary and a whole bunch of fun!

I'm back and delighted at the prospect of doing this all over again.

Cheers
Andre

Hi andre,

yes i remember manny, i assume he has fully recovered from his accident.

I have had a break from jumping through the winter but we have recently started training again for our nationals in july but nothing hardcore just some weekends.

plastic

Welcome back you old bastard.

If you train your arses off, you might get half the points the Aussies get11 :P:o

Good luck with it all.

I am standing down from this one but will be going in 2008.

Say hello to the team.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

That's why we got along so well. So much in common.

Except the number of points on a jump!!! :P

I'll bet you $50 if you can beat the Aussies. Interested?

p.s welcome back.. :)

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

:D

I wouldn't say real good. Just improved a little.

We learnt a lot from the Yanks and about ourselves. That made a big difference.

No matter how good or bad the teams are, it is still our moral duty to take the piss out of the SA K lovers. And now that plastic has come into the debate, our old colonial masters as well.

Are the Brits taking a team to Russia??

Hi tom,

In theory i had been told that we were sending teams to russia for all events. However the latest rumour i heard is that this may now only be a 2 way team. I am not sure what the new plan is.

We (my 8-way team) did not compete at our nationals last year, mainly because we had 2 people down with injury, so we would not have been allowed to russia in any case.

There was 2 seq and 2 rot teams (same team for each event) who then jumped together as the only 8 way team, they were then all invited to go to russia.

At the moment we have 2 camps of crw jumpers in england, my 8-way team and another group but we dont really get on with each other so most of what i hear about them is 2nd hand rumour.

A pity really as we now have more active crw jumpers in england than we have had since the days of the royal marines in the late 1980's.

There were 4 of my 8-way team at the world record, 3 on the 85 way and 1 on the bench.

still, lets see what the future holds, nice to see some of the older people coming back, we did an 8-way training camp in russia last year and got coaching from denis dodonov who i had not seen since spain 2001 but i think eloy 1998 was my best memory of competition.

plastic

I was almost feeling as a crew competitor after empuriabrava and gap. [:/]Now it's 290ish 9 cell 2way stacks with newbies only. Fuck it. I would be such glad to go to russia even with a 3 points only rot. team.
Have nice jumps&events!
The thin turkish guy with the best english(that means "a little"):)