Calle

Where are all the lightnings?

I know that this is not the place for ads, but I have had my eyes open for a lightning 143 for some time now, without luck. I also saw an ad saying "wanted: lightning 143", that was over a month old, in the classifieds section. Where are all the old lightnings? Do they wander into the desert to die after a couple of years or are they exploding when they are used up?

Yeah. The CRW sport is growing so used Lightnings are hard to find. Especially 143's. And what makes it worse than freefall canopies, is that while a freefaller may graduate from a Sabre to a Stilletto to a Velocity, but other than changing sizes cuz of weight gain :-) CRWdogs tend to keep the same canopy for years. You'll get a lot more use out of a new Lightning than you would a freefall canopy, because people tend to always want the latest and greatest freefall canopies..

Heck, I bought my first 113 new. Bought my second one used only because my first one was in the shop for some major repairs! The last one was bought new because my first one was lost somewhere in the jungles of Spain never to be seen again.

I know how you all feel I looked and looked to no avail. Thanks to Wendy putting me in contact with a jumper I REALLY hope to meet someday and personally thank (Paul Bliss) I have a 160. There are a few jumpers who have whoreded the canopies for themselves :( and never jump them. I'm not going to name any names but they know who they are. Keep looking and asking one will show itself.

Safe Docks,
Scott

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Elizabeth, forgive me I said it was Wendy who put me in contact with Paul not you. I wouldn't have gone to Puerto Rico last month or Florida in another 7 hours if it wasn't for your help. It's my goal with the Lords Blessing to be jumping it for the 100 way. Great canopy pretty much flies itself. I look forward to jumping with you in the near future.

Safe Docks,
Scott

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Just glad that you are getting in the air with it Scott, that is the important thing. Really hope you have an enjoyable and very productive CRW Weekend in ZHills!

Looks like a beautiful weekend ahead and you have a great group and organizers to help you get a lot out of it!

Look forward to meeting you along the way too.

Regards,
Eliz

It's my goal with the Lords Blessing to be jumping it for the 100 way.
Scott

Many are called, but few are chosen...well, I guess 100 are chosen. ;) Good Luck.

Kevin K.
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

Last time I talked to him he was about the same weight as me, so I guess he's not el gordo any more!

I guess we'll find out at Easter, will be interesting to see if we can still put a wedge together, and who's going to pilot. Should be fun...

Cheers
Martin