faulknerwn

CFWR Update

The CFWR is going well. Despite intermittent weather holds, the
first attempt at the 49 way base went up this morning, after
successful 36 ways on Sunday. The base 9 way is completing in 1:40,
and the base 16 way in 2:05. Speeds are only getting faster as people
learn their slots. We are well on the way for the next record!

Now if we can get these gale-force winds to slow down a bit, we'll be
good to go!!!

And the really nice part - Chris is letting us sleep in - 1st call
isn't until 7:30!!!

I can't access the cfworldrecord.com website from here since no one
has Front Page, but I'll try and keep these updates posted here -

http://crwdog.servebeer.com/crw/cfwr.txt

Now hold on! Dirt dive is at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. Sleep in until 7, I don't think so!

We had a lot of seminars today. Actually, we've had all the seminars possible. Oh, also an incredible rubberband shoot-out at the OK corral. Not sure of the winners, though. There were occasional raids on the HUGE bag of rubberbands, though.

Winds at altitude were 60 knots. After a jump, and most landing in town, we all found other things to keep us busy.

Cheryl

Thank you wendy!!!!! GOod luck with some great jumps today. Get the 49 way base completed!!!!! Please keep us posted of your progress. Cheryl you too!!!! :)
I'm wishing you the best of luck. Wish i was there watching it.

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

The group was grounded Monday afternoon with high winds and clouds, but the day was not wasted. Several safety and other seminars were given with much information shared.

Today started up early, and all 3 of the groups got a jump in before the high winds rolled in and we were grounded. The weather is looking better for the rest of the week, and we plan to keep growing the formations.
The foreignors have seemed to greatly enjoy all the quality time they've been spending at Walmart and the local mall, but beyond that it hasn't been particularly exciting - well other than the chalk artwork on the pavement.

Hoping for better weather!
W

There have been some troubles with the base so far and the organizers are still working the glitches out. Mike Lewis stepped back from the piloting position, and Chris Gay has taken over at the pilot position (wearing 90 pounds of lead!) The first 64 way was sent up earlier this afternoon, but a malfunction in a member of the base as well as clouds caused it not to succeed, but things are looking up and hopefully we will continue to grow.

Oh, there is water, and aligators and other critters, cows and horses, too.

Lyn and Kees and ??? landed out beyond the swamp today. Lyn introduced herself to a little critter. Shoot, can't think of the name of it, but some refer to it as possum on the hard shell.

Pretty day, and tomorrow is supposed to be even better!

Spirits are up. Good last dive for the base... except for the clouds. And Kirk has been showing off by spinning his 25 way above the dropzone.

B|

There have been some troubles with the base so far and the organizers are still working the glitches out. Mike Lewis stepped back from the piloting position, and Chris Gay has taken over at the pilot position (wearing 90 pounds of lead!) The first 64 way was sent up earlier this afternoon, but a malfunction in a member of the base as well as clouds caused it not to succeed, but things are looking up and hopefully we will continue to grow.

64 isn't anything to sneeze about...that's awesome! Keep up the good work and keep it going. I know you guys have until the end of this weekend to keep trying to get to 81...GO!!! You have cheerleaders worldwide cheering you guys on! Regardless, we're all proud.

Just got a text from Gav & Taz; they just got an 81-way on the sunset load, awaiting verification by the judges. Awesome!

Edit: And the judges have confirmed it! Congratulations everybody!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Just got a text from Gav & Taz; they just got an 81-way on the sunset load, awaiting verification by the judges. Awesome!

Edit: And the judges have confirmed it! Congratulations everybody!

Wooo HoooB|! That's great news!!! Congrats to all.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!

That's outstanding, we all knew you could do it, and were cheering you all the way. There was no way anything was going to stand in your way. It is a very great goal that you have all achieved, and I'm so excited for all the hard work that every one of you has put in for achieving this wonderful goal!!!! OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!!! We all knew it could be done!!!!B|:)

Congrats again!

CReW SKies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Awesome!!!!

Congrats to the organisers and participants..

Are you stopping at 85? I want you to leave a bit so I can join in on the 100 way fun.

:)
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.