pdk

New CReW rigg

My rigg is "only" 17 years old but my friends is teasing me and tell me its about time to by a new rigg
So this time I want it to be made for CReW.
Is there any rigg that is better then others or does it not matter?
Anything special to think about when ordering the new rigg?

/percy

Most modern rigs can be made in a CRW fashion - I've seen well-done Talons, Racers, Javelins, Mirages, and Infinities among others.. Things you definitely want:

Big padded leg-straps - you are going to be in the saddle for a while, you want to be comfortable.

Large riser covers - its impossible to get all the stuff we put on CRW risers into conventional covers...

I noticed the US Team Javelins don't even have the riser cover going over the shoulder - it probably wouldn't close anyway so what's the point?

W

get one with hip rings, more comfortable to move around in and also has less effect on the way the canopy flies when using the legs to pick up grips, which is especially noticable when doing sequential.
However i personally would not have chest rings as they only seem to manage to give you bruises if you get hard openings, with no obvious benefit.
The most important thing, get measured properly and make sure it fits.

Big padded leg-straps - you are going to be in the saddle for a while, you want to be comfortable.

Amen. I'm reminded of a certain, unnamed, jumper who dropped off a state record attempt load at Moss Point last year because his narrow leg-straps hurt his little behind. He was the subject of some abuse.:D

I have to agree with everyone about extra leg padding. As for the container are you planning on playing aggressive CReW or just have fun. If you plan on being aggressive a wouldn't recommend a container that has its reserve pilot chute exposed like a racer or talen. But thats just me I want a container that is nearly snag proof so I don't have to worry about a line getting hung up out of my reach. I have an Infinity that I currently use and with the one wrap I have had with it non of his lines got hung up.

Q- what is everyones opinion on using a Centarus as a CReW container. I have the opportunity to get a new one cheap with the Lightning 153 I'm getting next week.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I have the opportunity to get a new one cheap with the Lightning 153 I'm getting next week.

You do mean a 143, right? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Older Talons have an exposed top/pin flap which snags lines. All the newer ones are tuck in of course.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

get your risers customized... i'll have a picture of one in a few weeks --then include them with your order. find some new 3 inch wide 7mm divesuit neoprene (or a 6x36 piece) --include them with your order. they can wrap saran over the neo, push it into the legstrap with a metel ruler and just leave the saran in there --will last you another 17 years.

hope you never get lines caught on your rig
or you can KISSYOURASSGOODBYE

i dot do crew but am very interested in it. i was just wondering aboutlines snagging on your rig. is that somethng that just mainly happens in Crew??

i jump a javelin odyssey container.....do i need to wrry about lines getting caught on it????

probably worrying about it too much, the thought of lines wrapping around me has ocurred but not them getting snagged :o:o:o:S
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

If you have cut-in laterals, you might.

what are cut-in laterals?

would a sabre 1 190 loaded at 1.0 be ok for starting CReW with??? ive only got 39 jumps and would like to try it out once ive bumped up my jump numbers a bit.

cheers,

caspar
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

would a sabre 1 190 loaded at 1.0 be ok for starting CReW with??? ive only got 39 jumps and would like to try it out once ive bumped up my jump numbers a bit.

Cut-in laterals are where the horizontal harness near your waist attaches to the rig more to the center of the container rather than the outside...

The Sabre's really not a good canopy to learn CRW with. I teach a lot of people on Triathalons and Spectres, but they're 7-cells which make them better for CRW...

W