sikorsky

Round CRW

I'm not sure it's possible. Rounds are difficult to stear and bounce off of each other. That's why two rounds out isn't that big of a deal and hundreds of people can make military static line jumps with rounds on one pass from low altitudes with out anybody getting wrapped up.

There was a three stack on Cheapos done at Z-Hills about 79 or 80!! Jack gregory I think was the name of the guy who organized it. He reckoned all you had to do was crash them together then sort it out from there!!!
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Actually, rounds aren't at all hard to steer. They just close distance slower, and you can't really flare them to have the lower canopy rise up and dock on the upper one. But they do point exactly where you aim them :)
I've done about 10 round-round 2-stacks. We had people who were very closely matched in weight, and the top person did the more aggressive canopy work in my memory. The top person, by pulling on both toggles, both slows down and sinks faster, which means that he will link with the lower guy, who can make small corrections to hook and match sink rate.

Which would make a diamond really challenging.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i've never jumped a round so i really wouldn't know much of anything about them. Doing CRW with them sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures of a round 2-stack? Is it possible to compress the 2-stack? I got a picture of a compressed 2-stack with rounds in my head and it's funny looking.

There was a three stack on Cheapos done at Z-Hills about 79 or 80!! Jack gregory I think was the name of the guy who organized it. He reckoned all you had to do was crash them together then sort it out from there!!!

I was in it but not "The Organizer". The three of us discussed it and planned it together. It was done at the old SOD Farm near Tampa. I believe Mike Lewis was in it and I can't remember if the other person was Frank Cater or Ferd. We all had been doing some two ways and just had to try to take it to the next level. It was actually a tri-plane, we climbed down the lines and let me tell you it was a long way down those cheapos!

As far as just crashing them together and sorting it out, nothing could be farther from the truth. We were crazy back in those days but not stupid. We learned how to fly them and dock them. I only recall one entanglement, when I turned too fast on Mike Lewis and went through his lines. The cheapos stayed open and we discussed the situation. I was able to climb back through his lines and go out the way I had come in.

I have some pictures somewhere of the tri-plane (it made the front page of Skydiving) and a 4 stack with two cheapos on top and two squares on the bottom. Ah, the good old days. How did I live this long?

Jack Gregory

Ok so my memory is a bit time skewed!!
At least I got a name right! It must of been one of the other guys I met in Florida that gave me the crash together description. Your name stuck in my memory banks from doing a jump with you and a group trying to do a ten plane in Z-Hills in 79. I still have some of the photos I took on that one.
I do recall seeing the picture in skydiving.
I'll try and post one to you later,
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI