grasshoppergirl

AFF training options in VA

Hey all, only two jumps under my belt but I'm super focused on starting AFF training and earning my A license. I'm looking for any honest advice on specific dz's/instructors in the Central/Northern VA area. I want to go somewhere that a) is passionate about teaching and building new skydivers and b) who respects busy schedules and can help me get it done in a condensed period of time. I did my first two tandem jumps at No Limits in Victoria and really liked the instructors there but AFF training is a commitment, I'm trying to consider every aspect (training attention, dz/plane size etc.) and I'd like to finish where I start. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Come on down to Orange. We'll hook you up! Pretty sure it meets your requests:

- Great instructors
- Otter
- Open 6 days a week

My only advice would be to pull the trigger regardless of where you go in VA soon, as winter's coming up in a few months.

I'm driving an hour and a half to Westpoint Skydiving Adventures down in West Point, VA (they are moving this week, though).

There's something about having the USPA Director of Safety and Training there (owner) that gives me a increased sense of safety and security, whether a false sense or not. ;)

I'm driving an hour and a half to Westpoint Skydiving Adventures down in West Point, VA (they are moving this week, though).

There's something about having the USPA Director of Safety and Training there (owner) that gives me a increased sense of safety and security, whether a false sense or not. ;)

Skydive Orange actually helped develop the current AFF course, just saying.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Skydive Orange actually developed the current AFF course, just saying.

You sure about that?

Just sayin' :P

Both, or either, of these DZ's make just fine selections for the OP to choose from, based upon whatever best suits them and their needs and desires, accordingly. No need to see who can newby - "my DZ is better than yours" - piss the hardest and furthest here. - You don't wanna go there.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Both, or either, of these DZ's make just fine selections for the OP to choose from, based upon whatever best suits them and their needs and desires, accordingly. No need to see who can newby - "my DZ is better than yours" - piss the hardest and furthest here. - You don't wanna go there.

Agreed, these are both good drop zones! Orange is my home but I've jumped at West Point and look forward to jumping in Dinwiddie soon. You can't go wrong w/ either one. I would jump at West Point more except where I live, I basically have to drive right past Orange and continue driving another 2 hours or so. Good crew, fun, good training.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

shhhhhhhh.

Both DZ's are awesome. Can;t wait to see WP in it's new iteration in Dinwiddie.

I hope they have a nice long swoop lane for me.

shhhhhhhh.

Both DZ's are awesome. Can;t wait to see WP in it's new iteration in Dinwiddie.

I hope they have a nice long swoop lane for me.

Well the pond by the campgrounds should make a killer swoop pond :p

I'm also looking forward to partying with the WP crew at the Halloween boogie @ Delmarva, and later checking out Dinwiddie. Should be amazing...