rehmwa

What's the freefall time from . . .

Just seeing which CrW types know the truth

5000 ft - ?
8000 ft - ?
10000 ft - ?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sorry Tosca - I don't understand. But I'm sure it's me, not you.

The answer is "3 seconds" and it's best if the CrW dawg interrupts the person asking as follows

Newbie, "Mr. CrW DAWG, what is the freefall time/?"
CrW D interrupts exactly here "3 Seconds"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Assuming cutaways on every dive. Now I'm intrigued and a little eager.:D

Well you sure dock a lot harder than I do. Now I must do CrW with you just for the extra adrenaline.

I must not be trying hard enough.

If you know your average freefall rate in mph you can divide that by .6818 and get feet per second. Which you then divide by the height you were wondering about. I.E I was tracked at 140 mph which equals 205 fps. So if I exited at 14,000 and pulled at 5000 that left me with 9000 feet of freefall time. When divided by 205 I had a estimated freefall time of 44 seconds. I am not sure if that is what you were asking but I have been waiting to get this theory outta me and see if everyone thinks that is right. I know you don't exit at full speed but I don't know of a way to figure the time it takes to speed up so I say this is a estimate.:)

So if I exited at 14,000 and pulled at 5000 ...

>:(I'm sorry, this is a CrW thread. So it should read - "if I exited at 14,000 and pulled at 14,000, then my freefall time is "3 SECONDS" " ;):D

With pulling at 5000k you must be a freeflyer from a turbine DZ - those guys are just a little scared of the ground :S.

(just kidding - sounds like a good combo, freefall followed by CrW. But the gag is about CrW dogs pulling on exit. I'm not gonna try anymore.)