beowulf

Dallas CReW camp comment

SD Dallas held their Sept. CReW camp this last weekend. I managed to make it to it. All I can say is WOW I learned a lot. I managed to get in 6 jumps on Sat. I wasn't able to go Sun. due to work. I now have about 11 CReW jumps under me and I have learned a lot. One of the things that I learned was just how little I knew about canopy control and an idea of just how much there is to learn. The expierance of jumping with some highly skilled CReW dogs was well worth the time and effort. The guys there were very generous with their knowledge and skills. If anyone has the chance to make it out to SD Dallas for next months CReW camp, I highly recommend that they do so. I will definitely make it a priority to be there. This last weekend has been a real highlight of my skydiving experience.

I really wanted to do some crew with ya'll. I jumped with Jeff and Lee the weekend before, and I totally planned on coming out this past weekend too. But some asshat rear-ends me on Friday night and I have to spend most of Saturday getting my car fixed. I came out Sunday.. but rain rain rain and clouds. Go figure...

Anyways... My brand spankin' new Lightning came in today. It will be flying this coming weekend, even if it has to be solo crew.. ;)

I went to this last one at Dallas so that I could learn my canopy and boy did I! Got 5 in and learned so much about it and got my money's worth on the adrenaline rush. Got an old container and reserve and my lightning 160 should be in in just a few weeks. Jeff and Lee were totally awesome! Thanks a million!B|