sunnydee123

NOT THE SAME SINCE CReW

It's just weird.....I walked outside for lunch and looked up at this big white billowing cloud and the biggest smile found my face and I actually laughed outloud. Ever since my first CReW jump this weekend, I just don't look at the sky/the clouds the same.

Being linked with another canopy, flying as one, along the peaks and valleys of the clouds was something I don't think I'll EVER forget. Oh to have had a video camera for that ride.....

I'm just kinda taken aback. I LOVE THIS!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Welcome to the dark side of skydiving!

You mentioned in an earlier post that Catfish didn't charge you for the jump. This is the way CRW is. If anyone wants you to spend money to learn CRW, avoid them for they have lost what we hold dear.

As far as sushi goes, for an appetizer ...gyoza (delicious fried port dumplings) Then move on to a california roll with a touch of wasabe and soya sauce.

To finish up ... unagi. Now, you kinda have to get past the visual presentation but it's a lightly cooked eel and is just yummy.

Michael

It's just weird.....I walked outside for lunch and looked up at this big white billowing cloud and the biggest smile found my face and I actually laughed outloud. Ever since my first CReW jump this weekend, I just don't look at the sky/the clouds the same.

Being linked with another canopy, flying as one, along the peaks and valleys of the clouds was something I don't think I'll EVER forget. Oh to have had a video camera for that ride.....

I'm just kinda taken aback. I LOVE THIS!

All we did was pay for our slot on the plane........I think the DZ paid for his. There don't seem to be many CReW dogs around my neck of the woods but maybe because I wasn't looking...now I will be and they'll start coming out of the woodwork. It seems everything new I learn in skydiving is the dark side...I just can't figure out what to focus on so I am tasting and smapling a little of everything right now but I love CReW, without a doubt! Sweet stuff.....gonna come jump with me. I'll take you for sushi and WATCH! ;)

I must confess that most of the sushi (and ALL on the sushimi) menu reminds me of a cool wad of snot (with vinigered rice). I have found a few items, however, that are exquisitely delicious.
With the exception of the CA roll and perhaps a select few of the maki's, most are cooked to one degree or another.

Michael

unagi. Now, you kinda have to get past the visual presentation but it's a lightly cooked eel and is just yummy.

That's my favorite!!! next in line is the fried oyster roll....both cooked.:)

Mine has to be Uni, that is, Sea Urchin. It's an aphrodisiac too. Next is Unagi, then Toro. I'm lucky to have three top notch sushi joints near my office and two near my house. Nothing like California quality but close.

Back to CRW. Yes, playing in clouds is fun. Did a cross country two stack last weekend. There was one single cloud in the sky just streaking along with us in the 50 knot uppers. So we docked on it and rode all the way to the DZ. No, really, we stacked with a cloud.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

A girl CReW dog? I'm so excited - are there many of you (soon to be us)? I don't think I've talked to or heard from many girls regarding this newest love...............there is so much I want to learn about this next chapter in my skydiving life. Any suggestions where to start? Who's brain to pick?

There are a fair number of girl CRWdogs these days. A whole bunch in Northern California, and some others of us scattered throughout the country.

You can get a lot of good CRW info off of my website:

http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~faulkner/skydive.html

There are lots of good CRW links and pictures and documents there.

It is a great sport.
W

Oops.. Its crw.boxofclue.com/skydive/skydive.html

I still don't understand why my first one isn't clicky :-)

crw.boxofclue.com/skydive/skydive.html

The reason its not clicky is since the HTML options are off. Taken from the FAQ:
Can I include HTML in my posts?
No, you can not post HTML to the Dropzone Forums. You can use special Markup tags to customize your posts.

The mark up for a clicky is [ur l]www.linktomysite.whatever[/ur l] minus the spaces. The markup for the >:( is to embrace evil with [ and ] :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

CRWDogs are CRWDogs. With a few exceptions, most Dogs don't really care about gender ...in the air B|

Michael

A girl CReW dog? I'm so excited - are there many of you (soon to be us)? I don't think I've talked to or heard from many girls regarding this newest love...............there is so much I want to learn about this next chapter in my skydiving life. Any suggestions where to start? Who's brain to pick?

i went on a jump with doug wyatt the other day. it was iffy weather with storms building. we went out and set up to dock up when this lightning bolt struck close enough that we could feel the surge from it.about as scary as it can get.so no shit there i was hanging out under a lightning in the lightning with good freinds and bad weather.... does it get any better ???

B|
The skies are no longer safe

I'm back

You mentioned in an earlier post that Catfish didn't charge you for the jump. This is the way CRW is. If anyone wants you to spend money to learn CRW, avoid them for they have lost what we hold dear.

Yell it from the house tops. never have paid or charge for any. If you love something you will share it for free.

Exactly, never pay for CrW coaching. One of my favorites things to do is take someone out and watch them get addicted.

Lots of CrW in Minneapolis.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SHeit...never pay for any coaching, CRW or otherwise. If someone even suggests that I cover their slot for anything then they're a prick.

Yeah, I like it. There are NO stag points on it and it became freefly friendly after a previous owner put a mod to cover the bridle between the flap and BOD puch. I forget the DOM but it's in very good condition. The only problem I have with it is that it's sized for someone a little shorter than me, so when I do CRW I'm sitting on top of uncushioned legstraps. I threw away my reserve D-ring handle on a cutaway and Strong had a soft pillow replacement to me in about a week.