sunnydee123

First CReW Jump In Aggieland

I have also loved the canopy side of skydiving (seeing as how I was way more comfy under it then in freefall) and then I saw Keith MacBeth doing Crew and ever since then have wanted to try it...but also know how dangerous it can be. Well this weekend in Aggieland I got the chance to make my first jump with one hell of a canopy pilot (Catfish) and it was absolutely, positively AMAZING! It was my 2nd jump of the day, still early enough in the morning so heat wasn't crazy, sweet clouds to play in and around and then one hell of a downplane. YES....I hooted and hollered the entire downplane...I was just having TOO MUCH FUN. Granted he really did all the work and I was just along for the ride with just a simple two-stack but it was a GREAT FIRST EXPERIENCE. Looking forward to learning more....or even just going for "the ride" again. Good stuff. I just don't see an end to the things I can learn and enjoy here....check out the one picture I was able to snag so far (top side of the downplane.....got more coming and a nice shot of the breakoff)...

Just had to release some of the positive energy so I can actually try and get some work done.

P.S. I am the blue and white canopy B|

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

SunnyDee's Downplane.jpg

I owe lots of beer for my Texas trip.....

I wished I could have done more CReW since he was doing it for free...you just pay for your slot. But once I did it and set the pace....more wanted to and I didn't want to be a hog. I will do it again soon I'm hoping....Already looking at Jack The Ripper knife...B|

makes sense to have many incase ya lose one....there is still so much I need to learn but it was a great first ride and something I really want to do more of....I love seeing the stacks in Parachutist and Skydiving Mags...Awesome! You have't heard or seen the last of me.... B|

Nice picture!
I've never did CRW like you just did! Impressive.
I only jumped with CRWLightning..no pilot chutes trailing.
I was gonna go to a weekend camp at Elsinore this past weekend but was informed it was CANCELLED!
Gary Calhoun

So does that make me a cool skydiving chick then? ;) It was a great first experience at something new but also lets you know just how much CAN STILL go wrong. Catfish was awesome and had I not felt 100% comfortable with him after we talked on the ground, I would not have made the jump. CReW is NOT something I would do with just ANYONE.......I can't wait for Keith MacBeth to come back to Florida so maybe I can bat my eyes at him and get a ride.....B| Do it if you have the chance, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for a CReW camp....

Take care and blue ones~