popeyefireman

just some questions

I did some crw jumps and really loved it and had some questions. How is a retractable pilot chut retraced and how is it attached? What do they mean when the say take out the cascades, does that mean you have more lines? I fly a triathlon now and want to get a second one. I just want to know how to set it up. Thanks

Adam

"I Yam what I Yam"

I am not afriad to die, only to die without living.

The next time you jump a CRW parachute, take a look at it. The pilot chute rigging is pretty cool. There are grommet across the top skin of 2 or three cells. As the parachute inflates, the bridle is absorbed by the inflating cells and looks like it disappears.

The more you learn, the more you find out what you really don't know! Have fun!
http://www.curtisglennphotography.com

What do they mean when the say take out the cascades, does that mean you have more lines?

You basically have less lines. By removing the cascades on the A lines, it enables you to slide straight down the center lines as opposed to skipping over the cascades...Makes things MUCH easier.:)
Does that make sense?

I did some crw jumps and really loved it and had some questions. How is a retractable pilot chut retraced and how is it attached? What do they mean when the say take out the cascades, does that mean you have more lines? I fly a triathlon now and want to get a second one. I just want to know how to set it up. Thanks

Adam

And if you buy a hybrid Triathalon, it comes from the factory with the retractible pilot chute and the non-cascaded A lines. Its much easier to have the factory do such things.
W