Roel

European selection at CF Spektakel for WR in Florida

Hi CReW dogs,

CF Spektakel (http://fly.to/cfspektakel) is one of the main Canopy Formation events in Europe. This year's event will be held from 5-13 July in Teuge, The Netherlands.

To spice things up for the upcoming event we have contacted David Richardson from the US and have invited him to come over. He is willing to host a European selection for the upcoming World Record attempt in Florida.

David Richardson was one of the organizers of last years unofficial CF World Record and the 5 - 50ways preceding it. Also the Co- Organizer of the Brazilian and Argentinean CF Records. He is currently one of the four organizers for this years CF World Record (Chris Gay, Mike Lewis, David Richardson, Mark Gregory) that will be held in November in Florida. He is interested in coming to CF Spektakel to give anyone who is interested a chance to "qualify" for an invitation to the CF World Record Team. We would like to know if there is enough interest to bring him to Teuge.

We are speeding things up a bit in order for everyone to be able to make arrangements at work and for travel. So if you have not been contacted yet but are interested in joining this selection possibility just let us know directly at [email protected].

Roel

PS While he is there, David is also interested in doing "regular" coaching jumps and organising formations for people who just want to make high quality jumps.

- - - - - - - - -

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!

OK but seems awefully expensive to me for the air fare tickets 'n all... ;)

Heh heh Roel, o'course, he's dutch.....

But, are there gonna be coaches for beginners like me?

I can probably jump a 126 by then!!!

But, I really don't want to spend a lot of time chasing around others, this year.... Unless of course I can do that while wearing a camera helmet :D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

As I understand it his technical status is Belgian. There seems to be a shortage of CReW dogs (& bitches btw) in Belgium...

With the sweet decease of Sabena (Belgian national Airline), he'll be flying via Germany.

Don't you have a standing (excusez-le-mot) agreement with some team (captain) to get you up to speed for your license...

Better do that before the event then. :P

11. Thou shalt not be caught

Don't you have a standing (excusez-le-mot) agreement with some team (captain) to get you up to speed for your license...
Better do that before the event then. :P

Yeah well I'm working on it; Have to finish up some photoshop work tonight for which I'm getting paid in CRW jumps, so stop posting here/mailing me so I can finish before bedtime ;):P

And there's also a shortage of CRW bitches here in Holland (of which I'm not one, I'm only a puppy :D)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Wouldn't you know it, my wife and I will be vacationing in the Netherlands just three weeks (7/28 - 8/4) after this event. What a bummer - I'd love to jump with some euro CRWdogs! I'm planning to make my way to Teuge on Sat 8/2 if anyone is up for a few (I'd be more than happy to do some coach dives with you Saskia).

Question for the locals: which train should I take and what stop do I get off at to get to Teuge from Amsterdam Centraal?

Bob

Question for the locals: which train should I take and what stop do I get off at to get to Teuge from Amsterdam Centraal?

You need to take the train to either Apeldoorn or Deventer, then continue by bus to Teuge (or phone a willing 'taxi' heh heh).
See http://www.ns.nl/cgi-ns/nsbaliecgi for info on trains.

It's a quarter to twelve, I'm going to bed now.................

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Bob

Hi Bob, It'd be nice to jump with you! At that time we're preparing for our nationals, but we should be able to squeeze in/out some jumps for the occasion! Try this website: www.para-teuge.nl which is the dropzone's. Phone number for the office is +31-55-3231617.

CYA

- - - - - - - - -

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!

Hi Saskia,

IMHO there will be a lot of good and patient coaches for beginners. I'm a beginner myself and in Teuge i got excellent coaching at CF spektakel 2001 and 2002. Now i'm counting the days 'til July 5th, particulary after i saw the cool photos on your dragon2 side ;)

CU at Teuge
Stefan

I would love to jump with you,but as one of the few remaining belgian crwdogs (read almost extinctedB|) i have to be in Lapalisse France for a crw worldrecordattempt that starts on the 2th of august.But i'm sure there will be crw guys at Teuge to jump with you.

If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook