VectorBoy

vector 2 for crew?

I have been invited to do some crew by the local dogs. I have a vector 2 sized for a 190 that I have been told ( because of the longer thicker lines and risers) might be right for a lightning in the 143 range. So far all of the feedback has been positive about this combo, but I'm curious about what you guy's think?
Is the Vector 2 harness, pin protection etc, at least a decent rig for starter crew pup status? If not what are some desirable crew container features? Thanks in advance....... Glen

Are you jumping with Mustwrap and Russ on the 17th? Your rig should be okay, but check with the dogs. I "squeezed" a 143 into my Eclipse sized for a 170-190. I've even shoe-horned my 193 into it. If it can hold for 3-5 seconds it should be okay... but what do I know. Hopefully Wendy, in her infinite wisdom, will provide a better, more detailed answer.:)
I'm going to try and be there later, but I'm doing some AFF work-ups at 'Snore most of the day.

Shark
CCS-1242

Is the Vector 2 harness, pin protection etc, at least a decent rig for starter crew pup status? If not what are some desirable crew container features? Thanks in advance....... Glen

Yep. That should be fine as a starter rig. If you want to get into CRW on a regular basis, I'd advise at your next reserve repack (if you're jumping with mustwrap .... :-) get your (master) rigger to sew a CRW flap onto the reserve container. That's basically a triangular flap which just lays overtop of the reserve flap to keep lines from snagging on your reserve pins. Its an easy mod.

The biggest thing you'll notice quickly with CRW is the legstraps. You'll know very quickly how comfortable they are!