bes

other canopies

Hi everybody, I have about a 100 CReW jumps till now and I used a french canopy Rubis140, for these jumps. I wonder, if there' s anyone else tried this canopy, and a Lightning or a CRW-Triathlon...Fact: I am lookin' for someone who can tell me the differences between these so maybe I can decide to jump to the other choices. Blue skies, soft docks...

I've got 5 Lighting jumps and a few Tri jumps and my overall impression is of your looking for a canopy to take to terminal, freefly with, and do the odd Crew... a Dacron lined CRW Tri is good. But taking a dock and the stability and movement of the lighting just seemed to make it really CRW friendly. There is no way I'd take the Lighting to terminal, the 3 second delys hurt bad enough.

All most all the jumpers I know doing Crew are doing it on Lightings here in the States.

Take my opinion on CRW with a large amount of salt since I've only begun on it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I am not lookin' for a canopy that I can do terminal deployments.I am mostly interested in rotation jumps. I was askin' bout competetion crew version of the Triathlon,, and the Lightning. I need a comparasion between those, and my Rubis. So I can be sure about the machine that can take me down the stack fast.:ph34r:

Hi everybody, I have about a 100 CReW jumps till now and I used a french canopy Rubis140, for these jumps. I wonder, if there' s anyone else tried this canopy, and a Lightning or a CRW-Triathlon...Fact: I am lookin' for someone who can tell me the differences between these so maybe I can decide to jump to the other choices. Blue skies, soft docks...

I've never jumped the French canopy but I've jumped the Triathalon and the Lightning. The Triathalon is doing a good job at the world meets in rotation competition. I believe the American team is still
jumping Lightnings.

Triathalons seem trimmed a bit steeper than even rotation Lightnings. I believe many of the competion rots teams are jumping Tri 99's, while the smallest commercially available Lightning is the 113.

They don't seem to fly that differently in my book - the trim angle is different and the pilot chute retract is slightly different on the two. But most rots teams change their retract system around to how they like it anyway.

If you want to do anything other than competion rots, Lightnings are more common. The Russians are jumping Tri's for competition and they're rocking.

W

It depends what you are doing with the canopys. I own a lightning 160, a Triathlon 160 hybride and a Diamond 180( the sequential version of the ruby). If you want to take it to terminal choose the triathlon. The ruby's and Diamonds are not suiteble.I know some people who take lightnings to terminale but the triathlon is better for that;)
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook