flyingwallop

FF suit speed range vs body position range

I am trying to gauge the actual speed/range difference a suit can give you vs. the range you have by changing your body position.

For example, if the range between your slowest falling body position and your fastest belly arch is X, how does that compare to a modern FF suit of the fastest nylon vs. the heaviest cordura option?

Any other explanation regarding baggy or tight fit would also be helpful.

I know the suit is a tool but how much difference can it really make?

flyingwallop

I am trying to gauge the actual speed/range difference a suit can give you vs. the range you have by changing your body position.

For example, if the range between your slowest falling body position and your fastest belly arch is X, how does that compare to a modern FF suit of the fastest nylon vs. the heaviest cordura option?

Any other explanation regarding baggy or tight fit would also be helpful.

I know the suit is a tool but how much difference can it really make?

Range comes from your flying skills and with suit you can adjust where that range lies... From my personal experience when jumping with a tunnel suit versus summer clothes (t-shirt and swoop pants) the difference is noticeable, maybe 20-30km/h..

There are some different variables that will define your speed range, that beeing mainly type of flyeng (dynamic/moving vs static), your overall exit weigth and the clothes you are on.

On static jumps the diference on weigth and clothes will be much more noticable than on moving jumps and dynamic jumps.

When I weigth around 260 lbs/120 Kg exit weigth, I could fly angle with realtievly light people (around 170 lbs), even with summer clothes, but was unable to fly static with most even on my baggy suit. Today at about 220 lbs/100 Kg I can fly static with most people without any problems.