celm

Looking for a jumping buddy in central Fl area

normiss

I'm still self-grounded for another 3 weeks or so - eye surgery.
However, I'd be happy to jump with you!

Deland has a pretty decent freefly group - introduce yourself around!
Stick around for a beer after sunset.

[email protected]

I'll also be sure to help introduce you around.

Ill be there in 3 weeks if you want someone to throw you around the sky fir a bit, Mark can point me out for you:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've been grounded too since Normiss is grounded, but there's nothing wrong with me. I'm just a nice girlfriend that way. :P But, I'll be out in DeLand again soon also.

Are you freeflying already? How are your skills? Why do you think you're having trouble finding people to jump with? Do you hang out after hours and get to know people? Have you asked people to jump and they've turned you down? There are a lot of friendly people in DeLand, but you have to put yourself out there too.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

This is a very good point.

I have noticed some people might be a little reserved and therefore have trouble making friends at DZ's.
With the personalities in skydiving, it can be little challenging for some.
You gotta introduce yourself around!

B|

Even though it is a bit more of a haul...give Sebastian a try, too. They definitely cater a bit more to the "all-axis" flying crowd. Lots of good beginner camps etc. pretty soon you'll find out that the local FL community is small enough that you'll see familiar faces at any of the Big 3 down here.

Not to knock Deland, of course. They get a bad rep sometimes about more serious, less fun. Unwarranted, I think...as I think it is fun place to jump and drink beers.

Luckily variety is the spice of life, especially in FL