GoHuskers

Ideas for 2 way sitfly progression

My wife and I feel like we've hit a plateau and are looking for some dive flow ideas. We have about 100 sitfly jumps together and 75 or so have been 2 ways. We occasionally jump in larger groups but really like the safety of the small group and we like to feel like we are progressing on each of our jumps.
We reliably get hand docks from the side, we can get a few crossing the body from the front (more by luck than deliberately going for them) and foot docks.
Our current dive flows are unlinked HU exits, get a quick hand dock, and then whoever is higher flies their foot down and presents it in front of the others face within easy arm reach. Then we reverse the base and foot flier, then a hand dock if time permits. We reliably get 3 docks and fly them very stable.
We would like some suggestions about new dive flows that are fun, challenging, and within our skill level.

Tunnel is not an option for us, its a financial thing:(

Thanks,

The attched link is the divepool for "Freefly Novice" for the german nationals. A lot of fun and you learn a lot in my eyes.

http://www.funjump.de/sites/default/files/divepool_freefly-einsteiger_2012.pdf

Regarding your comment "who ever is lower...", i recommend to make a real plan and to jump that plan. That will also push the progression and you will be amazed to see, that you can easily jump 5 points within a quite short period.

By the way, "Brouette" and "Horizontal Compressed" are bitches, but its fun to try it :P

freddysdaddy

The attched link is the divepool for "Freefly Novice" for the german nationals. A lot of fun and you learn a lot in my eyes.

http://www.funjump.de/sites/default/files/divepool_freefly-einsteiger_2012.pdf

Regarding your comment "who ever is lower...", i recommend to make a real plan and to jump that plan. That will also push the progression and you will be amazed to see, that you can easily jump 5 points within a quite short period.

By the way, "Brouette" and "Horizontal Compressed" are bitches, but its fun to try it :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

GoHuskers

I especially like this quote.

"When you lose control of a freefly position, a collision with another freeflier can be fatal, or worse yet, make you look uncool."

Epic quote.

As a side note....tunnel would be cheaper practice in the long run IMO. An hour of tunnel is much cheaper than 120 skydives.

120 x 25 = 3000 (60 skydives each for an hour of freefall together)

even factoring in some travel expenses its hard to get the per hour cost of tunnel that high, and you could get some sweet coaching. I think coached time at Colorado runs like $1000-1100 per hour. (which you could share)

Just throwing that out.

Bignugget

As a side note....tunnel would be cheaper practice in the long run IMO. An hour of tunnel is much cheaper than 120 skydives.

even factoring in some travel expenses its hard to get the per hour cost of tunnel that high, and you could get some sweet coaching. I think coached time at Colorado runs like $1000-1100 per hour. (which you could share)

Just throwing that out.

Cant argue with your logic. My wife and I view tunnel as a separate hobby. Skydiving has been an incredible hobby for us and its more than just the jumps. We only live an 90 minutes from Ifly Austin so no real travel expenses, we just dont want to cut back on skydiving to go to the tunnel. When our circumstances change the tunnel will still be there. It is awesome watching some of the jumpers at our dropzone progress so quickly.

GoHuskers

Just throwing that out.

Cant argue with your logic. My wife and I view tunnel as a separate hobby. Skydiving has been an incredible hobby for us and its more than just the jumps. We only live an 90 minutes from Ifly Austin so no real travel expenses, we just dont want to cut back on skydiving to go to the tunnel. When our circumstances change the tunnel will still be there. It is awesome watching some of the jumpers at our dropzone progress so quickly.

You live that close to one of the newest sweetest tunnels in the country and you don't want to include that in your training? And it works out per minute to be cheaper than skydiving? You're nuts! ;)

I'm the opposite. Live at least 60-90 mins from the local DZ's, I work wacky hours, don't have a ton of weekends off to jump with other weekend warriors, and my office is just a few minutes around the corner from our tunnel. And the bulk rate allows us to fly for just under 10 bucks a minute. Seems like a pretty good deal to get some training done. IMO, you just can't keep up with other fliers at the dz if you're not utilizing the tunnel. At least not here in NorCal.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

LyraM45

Just throwing that out.

You live that close to one of the newest sweetest tunnels in the country and you don't want to include that in your training? And it works out per minute to be cheaper than skydiving? You're nuts! ;)

I'm the opposite. Live at least 60-90 mins from the local DZ's, I work wacky hours, don't have a ton of weekends off to jump with other weekend warriors, and my office is just a few minutes around the corner from our tunnel. And the bulk rate allows us to fly for just under 10 bucks a minute. Seems like a pretty good deal to get some training done. IMO, you just can't keep up with other fliers at the dz if you're not utilizing the tunnel. At least not here in NorCal.
For some people its not about keeping up or tunnel flying at all.
Its about SKYDIVING the 2 are completely different and for me dont compare in the least.
I will take skydiving over tunnel any day.
If my play money was limited I would spend it on skydiving ahead of tunnel any time.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

Just throwing that out.

Its about SKYDIVING the 2 are completely different and for me dont compare in the least.
If my play money was limited I would spend it on skydiving ahead of tunnel any time.

Me as well. My skydiving budget goes in skydiving. Very simple. :)

LyraM45

Just throwing that out.

We have 2 skydivers, 2 children, and 1 income in our family. We've figured out the babysitting for weekend skydiving, we haven't even looked at League Night babysitting on weeknights. When something changes, the tunnel will be there, skydiving is our hobby and our release from all our daily stresses. We'd love to progress, we'd love to do some tunnel flying, but we are unwilling to take away from skydiving to hit the tunnel.

And yes, we've seen a couple jumpers rapidly progress from the tunnel. We're happy for them if you look past the thick veil of jealousy:)

OK, I get that, but the way I saw the OP's question was that they wanted to progress with more two way stuff and sounded like the tunnel was not an option because it was too expensive. A few of us politely reminded them that compared to jumps, it is not. But if it's not so much the cost of the tunnel that bothers you, but the combination of doing the tunnel to progress AND still getting all your jumps on with a single income for a family, then you're right-- sounds like he just needs to jump jump jump!

PS-- I'm not saying tunnel is a pure replacement for skydiving or is just as fun or more fun. I'm just saying if you're looking to get a bang for your buck with money being an issue, you're better off progressing with some tunnel time.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

My husband and I have FF together for about 400 jumps (100 more were belly). When we want to shake things up, we do 1 of 3 jumps.

Follow the leader. If he does a back flip, I will back flip. If he spins, I spin. We keep plenty of separation, and one jumper watches the other so no collisions. The goal here is reflexes and keeping on the same level.

Another one we do is dock-dock-flip. He will dock on my foot, I will then dock on his foot, then we both do a back flip. Foot - foot - front flip. Foot - foot - spin. The goal here is timing and not forgetting what's next.

But my FAV jump to do to mix it us is jumping with a newbe FF. Not only does it challenge every move you know (fast, slow, forward, back), you can also give real advice to a newcomer. My hubby has taught me everything I know and has been on 99% of my jumps, and the biggest compliment to him is for me to pass on the knowledge.