BMichaeli

New 2 Way VFS

This weekend we decided to try out some 2 way VFS and found it to be a lot of fun. Some of the dive flows we put together turned out to be a lot more difficult then anticipated. It made it feel like it was a lot more focused on something you can do just at your home DZ with a couple of friends. Compared to 4 way VFS it felt so much more relaxed, but maybe thats just because we were just having fun with it and not making it into a competition.

So I am wondering what the general consensus within the DZ.com community is on the new event. What are your feeling about it all? What do you think it will take to podium in both the Open and Advanced class at nationals? Do you think there should be something more added, or subtracted from the dive pools? Have you guys tried this at your own DZ?

My team has been training 2-way VFS for around 18 months, with varying levels of intensity, in both the tunnel and the sky. With Nationals on the horizon, we've been taking it more seriously.

We're all weekend warriors, so realistically I don't expect us to end up on the podium, but we have a hell of a lot of fun.

I hate the grip-flip-grip points, and I wish there was a point with carving involved.