Maurix

Which suit to get as beginner?

Hi guys,

I will shortly have my license and am thinking about getting a suit.

Here are my thoughts:
I know that I will def. will get into FF right at the beginning and that I want to improve my skills during the winter in the tunnel but I also wanna do other stuff like tracking dives, to improve my tracking and some belly stuff to get good at that. Well I wanna look into each of the diciplines ...

I was thinking of getting a Sonic Tunnelsuit because I could wear it in the tunnel but I am not sure if I can wear it during normal jumps where I try to improve my FF and if I can wear it for tracking and so on?

Could anybody help me and give me advice due to me not knowing what to do ... ^^

Thanks in advance guys, I am so excited being part of this sport :D

Thanks a lot, that means I'll definetly get the tunnel suit over other, if the tunnel suit also works good enough for tracking and other stuff? ...

Will it be a bad or a good think to start right away with a tunnel suit (which I guess will be pretty tight)? ...
I was thinking that it probably would be harder at the beginning but I would be used to it as soon as I get into the tunnel and the other way round?

Maurix

if the tunnel suit also works good enough for tracking and other stuff? ...?

The suit only works as good as the person flys it.

The sonic tunnel suit comes in 3 different fits, normal, baggy, and tight. You havent stated your dimensions but unless you're an anvil or a stick, I would assume get the normal fit. A high end suit should last a long time so it's not a bad idea to invest in quality.

For a beginner, a suit that is too tight or even too baggy would be more difficult to learn in regardless of whether you're in the tunnel or sky.

It's not a matter of you getting used to it. It is a matter of you learning and adjusting to fly a suit with that particular style fit.

Do more research, talk to people at your dz or tunnel, contact a dealer and ask them your questions...and then make the decision.

I've got the sonic tunnel suit. Some things you need to know:

It's cordura which means it's got a lot of drag. Good if you're a big guy. Good for doing head down stuff without the tunnel being topped out. If you're light and you want to catch up with others then maybe not so much.

The other thing about the suit being cordura is that it is quite warm. Okay for the UK which is normally freezing cold but maybe not so much for Germany in the summer.

I went for the double material on the legs option which adds an additional polycotton layer under the leg. This makes it stiffer and gives you more drive.

I also added an inside pocket for my phone.

It's perfectly fine as a skydiving suit. Wash it a couple of times though before you take it into the tunnel as it's a bit uncomfy when new.

Give Carole a call. Each suit is custom so if there's anything you need specifically then she can accomodate your needs.

The regular, baggy and tight fit are really only changes in the dimensions in the arms and legs. The body fit is snug.

I went for a regular fit so I can put thermals under it in winter. The tight suit is tight.

I also use it for RW but I'm not really into RW and I don't find it a problem.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Adam.

P.S. Edited to add: Don't go for the double material option for your arms!!!

Thanks that does indeed help a lot ...
but now there is a problem ^^ ... you said it wouldn't be good for skinny guys ... well I am 1,80m and weight 75kg ... so I don't really think I am skinny but I am not a big guy either ... do you think it would work out with my dimensions on regular fit or would I have to choose tight fit or would you recommend another suit?

Thanks for your help :)

adamUK

It's cordura which means it's got a lot of drag. Good if you're a big guy. Good for doing head down stuff without the tunnel being topped out. If you're light and you want to catch up with others then maybe not so much.

I'm not an expert in FF teaching , but I think that jumpsuit with cordura are difficult to use as a beginner and will slow your learning curve. As suggested, tell Carole what you want to do with your jumpsuit and your experience. She should be able to propose you the appropriate compromise.
ça passe ou ça frotte

Try this for deciding which fit you need.. Put on a long sleeve shirt and pants that are "regular" fit and then try a tight fit. See what you prefer. For me, i dont like the extra material. It tends to feel "sloppy" if you are looking for accuracy and it can make it a little harder to be precise.
See for yourself though, flying your body is flying your body. The suit is not going to make or break you.

Another thing to think about is how much are you willing to spend? A lot of suits are great.
The Tonysuit Space Suit is a very popular suit in the tunnel and is great to Freefly with as well as to learn in.
http://www.tonysuits.com/jumpsuits/spacesuit.php4
Very durable and lasts a really long time.
Cost is around $300.
They adjust the suits drag to your height/weight as you can see in the dropdown menu right under height/weight input.

http://www.freefalljump.com/

Great suit! Cheap price (making their name)! And home of the Thug-of-war suit competition! Has yet to be ripped!

Fully customized (colors and suchs) for around 340$!
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

Maurix

Hi guys,

I will shortly have my license and am thinking about getting a suit.

Here are my thoughts:
I know that I will def. will get into FF right at the beginning and that I want to improve my skills during the winter in the tunnel but I also wanna do other stuff like tracking dives, to improve my tracking and some belly stuff to get good at that. Well I wanna look into each of the diciplines ...

I was thinking of getting a Sonic Tunnelsuit because I could wear it in the tunnel but I am not sure if I can wear it during normal jumps where I try to improve my FF and if I can wear it for tracking and so on?

Could anybody help me and give me advice due to me not knowing what to do ... ^^

Thanks in advance guys, I am so excited being part of this sport :D

go with a LiquidSky suit. Why? because all the cool kids and posers seem to have them. B|