yeshniamhmcc

Freefly Suit

Hi all.

Am currently in the process of buying my own gear and all and next on the list is a suit. I'm still on student progression for now but plan on getting into free flying in the future. Was wondering what suits people might recommend? I plan on getting flat grips on it for when I do a tiny bit of RW but free flying is what im going for like! Keeping in mind im a poor student haha. Any info would be appreciated! (:

Was in the same situation as you toward the end of last year.

However, I wasn't sure whether to get an RW or a Freefly suit. (I was a student and wasn't working while in school.)

I spent a lot of time looking through the classifieds on here as well as other used gear trading sites. Couldn't find anything that would fit me + had colors that I would feel comfortable in :S

Long story short... I quit school, got 2 jobs and bought two brand new custom made suits B|

I bought a TonySuit Pit Special and a LiquidSky Speed Lunar. Should be receiving both of them fairly shortly just in time for the new season:)

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Have a look at Rsuits, Ruta made me a really nice freefly suit, and it was ridiculously cheap (and fast!). She can make almost anything you want, you can even design your suit yourself if you'd like. www.facebook.com/rutkinsuits
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

seriously, at 26 jumps, you shouldn't tie up your options
It sucks to FF with someone wearing a RW suit - It sucks to RW with someone wearing a FF suit. You don't want to be the guy that it sucks to jump with.

get the right suit for both disciplines - one of each - the fit is important, if you buy used, get help from someone GOOD in each discipline

enjoy both disciplines to start - there's a lot more to either than you even realize right now

try the other stuff too once you get more experience - wingsuits, camera, instructing, etc etc etc - it's all a blast if you approach it right

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

True. I think i'll have to just save up and buy one of each, maybe cheap RW seeing not really that interested in it but will probably do a bit, very interested in FF though, might get nicer suit for that.

Unfortunately I'm a stupid size so there's not a chance of me finding a second hand one to fit. Gonna have to invest in custom made. Had to do the same with my rig!

Thanks for that.