arm900fj

G3 Helmet

How is the G3 helmet for freefly? Thanks in advance.
Dave

I have put a couple hundred jumps on mine (FF) and it is solid. The latching mechanism is great and easy to use. I open my shield under canopy a lot and it is very easy to do. My clear shield experienced what seemed to be cracking but it was just really build up that can be wiped away. This was a flaw in the anti-fog which I am pretty sure has been addressed. I have had no issues with my tinted shield doing this. Very comfortable to wear.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Dave

Considering Arsenal wears them, AZ Drive wears them Standard wears them among many other VFS teams and almost every tunnel instructor is wearing them they are VERY proven for free flying. I have a G2 that I love. I now have a G3 that i also love. Don't even consider another full face. Just get the G3 and move on.

Dave

Considering Arsenal wears them, AZ Drive wears them Standard wears them.

None of that is important what IS important is that I WEAR one and it's GREAT.B|B|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The visor is/was known to pop open during faster head down jumps but Cookie have produced some uprated springs which seem to fix the problem. The anti-fog lining tends to come off on older visors (also fixed on new lids), they can fog up a little in cold weather if you're not careful and the chin cup lining falls off. But even with that defect list, I still think they're the best skydiving full face helmets available today.

The visor is/was known to pop open during faster head down jumps but Cookie have produced some uprated springs which seem to fix the problem. The anti-fog lining tends to come off on older visors (also fixed on new lids), they can fog up a little in cold weather if you're not careful and the chin cup lining falls off. But even with that defect list, I still think they're the best skydiving full face helmets available today.

2 of those things were issues which have been addressed by Cookie, the fogging issue in cold climes is an inherent issue with closed helmets in general. Leave the visor up until pre-exit, lift it on canopy opening.
The chin cup lining issue is NOT a helmet problem, it's an operator issue.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The chin cup lining issue is NOT a helmet problem, it's an operator issue.

It didn't even last long enough for me to leave the shop. That's not an operator issue it's a manufacturing issue.

are you saying the velcro failed? or was it not seated properly?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

are you saying the velcro failed? or was it not seated properly?

I'm saying the hot melt glue that is supposed to stick the chin cover material to the ABS helmet shell failed.

That is an anomoly.

I've been jumping these helmets since they first came out and know dozens of others who have them as well. I know of no one who has had a problem like this.

Any product can have a mishap in the production. If you have a problem with a Cookie helmet they will take care of it.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

maybe not for this thread? But what happens if you have a malfunction?? Fogging or any other less favorable things due to the full face helmet? Is an open face helmet an advantage when you deal with a malfunction?

I certainly understand why some will say to stay with an open face until you've gained more experience and I do not disagree but it appears you may be at the point to start considering other options.

In my opinion I can actually see better with the G2 or G3 even with the lens closed because I don't have goggles that distort my vision. I've tried every goggle out there and none of them work for me in part because I wear contacts and I can't seem to find goggles that seal up on my face.

Plus- the G2-G3 helmets actually have better peripheral vision than goggles. When you look peripherally with goggles you are looking at the part where they curve and distort your vision. I don't get this with the Cookie helmets. When I look to the side and actually try to see the edge of the helmet I can't see it.

Even sunglasses limit your peripheral vision.

I also do not like anything in front of my eyes when I come in to land which is why I flip up the lens.

As for fogging - the Cookie helmets initially had a fogging problem but Cookie found a different supplier for the lens and anti-fogging treatment.
Now to keep the lens from fogging you simply keep your lens clean with water (and nothing else) and the lens does not fog.

As you gain time in this sport you will come to realize that many people will have very strong opinions about things especially gear.

I don't doubt someone will respond to this and tell me I'm full of shit but for me, I believe the helmet I jump is as safe or safer than any open face.

maybe not for this thread? But what happens if you have a malfunction?? Fogging or any other less favorable things due to the full face helmet? Is an open face helmet an advantage when you deal with a malfunction?

I certainly understand why some will say to stay with an open face until you've gained more experience and I do not disagree but it appears you may be at the point to start considering other options.

In my opinion I can actually see better with the G2 or G3 even with the lens closed because I don't have goggles that distort my vision. I've tried every goggle out there and none of them work for me in part because I wear contacts and I can't seem to find goggles that seal up on my face.

Plus- the G2-G3 helmets actually have better peripheral vision than goggles. When you look peripherally with goggles you are looking at the part where they curve and distort your vision. I don't get this with the Cookie helmets. When I look to the side and actually try to see the edge of the helmet I can't see it.

Even sunglasses limit your peripheral vision.

I also do not like anything in front of my eyes when I come in to land which is why I flip up the lens.

As for fogging - the Cookie helmets initially had a fogging problem but Cookie found a different supplier for the lens and anti-fogging treatment.
Now to keep the lens from fogging you simply keep your lens clean with water (and nothing else) and the lens does not fog.

As you gain time in this sport you will come to realize that many people will have very strong opinions about things especially gear.

I don't doubt someone will respond to this and tell me I'm full of shit but for me, I believe the helmet I jump is as safe or safer than any open face.

Thank you for the sincere reply. It will add to my decision:)