linestretch

Head down world record bitches!

Yeah, that's a crazy one. We built the 142 way...but the paperwork that was submitted to the judges showed a couple of stingers in one orientation but they were facing another direction in the video. A communication error so to speak. I don't know all the details but am pretty sure that's the basics of it.
my pics & stuff!

Just checked. It does. (I generally use Firefox but)
You have to click on the picture that loads on the drop page to load the video. Once its loaded you can click and pan.

Yeah, that's a crazy one. We built the 142 way...but the paperwork that was submitted to the judges showed a couple of stingers in one orientation but they were facing another direction in the video. A communication error so to speak. I don't know all the details but am pretty sure that's the basics of it.

The issue was that the FAI requires that records have slot specific and very detailed plans. That means that when a stinger docks with their left hand as opposed to their right, it's considered to not be meeting the jump plan. As far as I was told (only at Summerfest, nowhere near good enough to actually be on the jumps) by friends who were on the record was that the organizers didn't tell the stingers which dock to take so they took whatever they could get which meant that some went right hand and some went left and hence the rejection of that jump by the FAI.

State and Guinness records don't require that level of detail, I think it's just slot specific rather than down to which dock was taken but I haven't verified.

All that aside, bloody amazing job to everyone involved. It was really awesome to watch the hard work that went into these records over the whole 3 days. It was hot, humid and you guys worked your asses off, great work!

Personally, I consider the 142 to be more impressive than the FAI 138, not sure why people keep talking the 138 up and not the 142. Either way it was incredible, just ever so slightly more incredible with those extra 4 people. :)