type245

Freeflysuit

plus 1 on that comment.

seriously, don't waste your money on suit that fits no one.

you could've spent just 700 dollar on a suit. not 200 wasted than another 700. so that jump suit now costed you 900 dollar.

if you bought that 200 dollar generic suit, that one will sit in garage somewheres until you get your tandem rating.

and flying with freefly pants and t-shirt doesn't work either.

and that freefly pants sat somewhere until I got my tandem rating.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

and flying with freefly pants and t-shirt doesn't work either.

really? How's that possible. So it's back to 'it must be the suit....not my skills'. I jumped that way for a LONG ass time. I think you're wrong there.

The bottom line is, if you have the money and it's not an issue, buy whatever you want. The reality is this though, you'll most likely STILL end up getting another suit that more suits your needs/flying/weight....bla bla bla. I wish I had the money to throw away. And remember, there a lot of used suits out there. Once you're done with a suit doesn't mean it will sit in the garage and never get used again....pass that thing on. Sell it (or since money is no issue, give it away).
my pics & stuff!

I'm a fairly fresh jumpeer who started jumping last year. I have about 80 jumps and for the first 40 i used a crappy Pittz suit. I got tired of it and ordered a Sonic V.2. I love it. It have far more range than the pittz suit. both my tracking and sit skills have improved after I got my new suit.
I paid the rush fee on the suit, and it took about 2 weeks for them to make it for me.

What is the problem with buying a top of the line jumpsuit if you can afford it?

Because the people building "top of the line" jump suits

1) Aren't familiar with the average fall rate at your home dropzone where a suit built for that neutral speed will leave more range for movement.

2) Aren't the ones measuring you which makes time consuming finger pointing probable if anything is wrong.

3) Will have a longer delivery time from their backlog.

4) Will charge you much more to cover overhead and because they can.

I am in a similar boat. Why should I pay 200 dollars for a used jumpsuit that someone has farted in for 2 years, that doesn't quite fit me, and that I will want to replace soon anyway.

There's no reason to do that either.

I paid $250 for my last brand new jumpsuit in 2005 made to measure with the stripes sewn in as panels instead of done as apliques which also offsets the seams so they're not on top where your rig hangs.

That one came from a local rigger with suit making experience and abilities just like the two before it.

What is the problem with buying a top of the line jumpsuit if you can afford it?

Because the people building "top of the line" jump suits

1) Aren't familiar with the average fall rate at your home dropzone where a suit built for that neutral speed will leave more range for movement.

2) Aren't the ones measuring you which makes time consuming finger pointing probable if anything is wrong.

3) Will have a longer delivery time from their backlog.

4) Will charge you much more to cover overhead and because they can.

I am in a similar boat. Why should I pay 200 dollars for a used jumpsuit that someone has farted in for 2 years, that doesn't quite fit me, and that I will want to replace soon anyway.

There's no reason to do that either.

I paid $250 for my last brand new jumpsuit in 2005 made to measure with the stripes sewn in as panels instead of done as apliques which also offsets the seams so they're not on top where your rig hangs.

That one came from a local rigger with suit making experience and abilities just like the two before it.

Well I would say you are probably on to something. Not everyone has someone local that will do it though.

Yeah, I jumped that way for a long time as well. but not to the full potential of your 25 bucks.

t-shirt and freefly pants are the worst combo for sit flying.
Specially if you are new and trying to learn.

yeah, you can sit fly in anything, track pants and no shirt. but not easy as a even drag thru the body, you'll have much easier time turning points while sit flying with proper suit.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016