type245

Freeflysuit

Hello,

I am looking for a freeflysuit which is good for both, tunnel and outdoor. I am interested in tonfly uno 619, boogieman cristal, sonic v2.

I have less than 300 jumps. I am actually a beginner in freefly, able to sitfly and stand up a bit.

I am going to do some tunnelcamps. At the moment I use a freeflypants and a shirt to jump.

Are these suits designed more for advanced or is it a good investment for my freefly, especially if I want to go in the tunnel, regularly?

And which one do think is the best for me?

I am 1,75m and 80kg.
Thanks a lot

I have a sonic v2.0 and it is really good.
You do not need a suit like this. Maybe if you want to compete world class.

But it is really nice, and you can definitely feel the difference in flying with this suit.

It definitely makes you a better freeflyerB|

to say the suit makes you better freeflier or 'is the suit if your freeflier' is silly. You make the freeflier...NOT the friggin suit. I've been jumping a worn out hand me down for the past few years and would like to consider myself a freeflier. I wouldn't waste a lot of money on something super fancy until you get good enough to know what you need. Otherwise, you're gonna look like 'that guy' that has matching everything but just sucks. My suggestion is look for something used on here and work with that until you really get an idea of how much drag you want, where you want spandex, where you want cordura...bla bla bla.
my pics & stuff!

I wouldn't waste a lot of money on something super fancy until you get good enough to know what you need.

I like this. As long as the suit isn't a super loose and flappy affair, this really does it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

really funny to see a newb with super tight freefly suit, because that is what all badass are wearing, when the kid actually needs some drag or lose weight.

prime example of why you should wait till you figure it out a little.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

if you are looking into european suits, I can recommend the Sonic Basic (or similar from other manufacturers, but I am partial to Sonic) http://sonicflywear.com/en/products/category/1-free%20fly which is more than enough for beginning (and progressing), a coupl eof years ago these "basic" suits were World Champion :o

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

really funny to see a newb with super tight freefly suit, because that is what all badass are wearing, when the kid actually needs some drag or lose weight.

a lot of times they get what is recommended to them, so perhaps instead of laughing at then you could guide them.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

a lot of times they get what is recommended to them, so perhaps instead of laughing at then you could guide them.

I agree with you Squeak.

i can only laugh because they never asked???

perhaps you're not the sort of guy people would feel comfortable asking
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Totally agree. But remember there's a lot of jumpers out there that already know it all and don't ask (so yes, lets laugh at them). But Yes, guiding is needed more in the sport as is listening.

To the OP, I recommend you get something used/cheap...whatever and work with that until you really know what you want & need. I see it all the time where jumpers just get what they think looks good...and that's all fine and dandy until you realize you can't fly it and it's really holding you back. Baby steps.....you will get there but you need to hit the steps between start and 'farther down the line'.
my pics & stuff!

use the suits at the tunnel. since your new to it you'll be spending a lot of time on the net especially learning to back fly. no sense in ripping up your new million dollar jumpsuit. also the ones at the tunnel have grippers that help the instructors spot you through transitions. save your money for flying.

it is all about the suit, buy the most expensive one.
The suit will fly YOU.

More money=better flying. DO it.

:D:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

it is all about the suit, buy the most expensive one.
The suit will fly YOU.

More money=better flying. DO it.

This may explain in part why people seem to bypass you when looking for advice:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

use the suits at the tunnel. since your new to it you'll be spending a lot of time on the net especially learning to back fly. no sense in ripping up your new million dollar jumpsuit. also the ones at the tunnel have grippers that help the instructors spot you through transitions. save your money for flying.

only if the tunnel's suits fit you well. If you are in between their sizes the smaller ones will restrict your range of motion and the larger ones will flap around so much you wont learn proper position and control as quickly.

If you're planning on doing a fair bit in the tunnel, cordura on knees and backside will reduce the wear.

I have all my freefly suits made with reinforced rear and knees because the airplanes we crawl around in when sky jumping often have bits like cargo tie down tracks that can do a number on jump suits.

What is the problem with buying a top of the line jumpsuit if you can afford it? Its not like we are talking canopies here. A 600 dollar jumpsuit isnt going to hurt.

I am in a similar boat. Why should I pay 200 dollars for a used jumpsuit that someone has farted in for 2 years, that doesn't quite fit me, and that I will want to replace soon anyway.

Id rather pay twice as much and not waste 200 dollars. Get something that fits. Has stretchy areas for increased range of motion (not common on even slightly older used suits), and that I will use for a long time to come.

This isnt like reccomending a new rider buy a less powerful sportbike because 20K ducati will hurt him. Its a suit.

if you're being LO'd and wear a fancy suit, the guy doesnt know you and you tell him you're shit, the poor guy wont know if you're fucking around with him or not! :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda